Add password to Password Manager without recreating a email account for Thunderbird

obelar

Mar 17, 2021, 2:49:35 PMMar 17
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
I'm having an issue with one of my email accounts. I forgot to check the
box to save my password when sending a mail and now everytime I want to
send mail through that account I am required to type my password. This
is a bit annoying and the only solution I can see myself doing is
recreating my email account on TB.

How can I fix this?

Millwood

Mar 17, 2021, 3:07:51 PMMar 17
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Doesn't the password pop-up have the check box for remember. It does
for me.

Andy Burns

Mar 17, 2021, 3:32:40 PMMar 17
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
make sure you know all you email passwords

go into tools/options/privacy/saved passwords

delete all the saved entries (or just the affected account)

when you next retrieve and send emai, it will prompt for credentials
agai, and you can tick the save box.

obelar

Mar 17, 2021, 4:35:52 PMMar 17
to Millwood
On 3/17/2021 3:07 PM, Millwood wrote:
> Doesn't the password pop-up have the check box for remember.  It does
> for me.

Well, I forgot to check this box when it appeared....

obelar

Mar 17, 2021, 4:42:21 PMMar 17
to Andy Burns
On 3/17/2021 3:32 PM, Andy Burns wrote:
> delete all the saved entries (or just the affected account)
>
> when you next retrieve and send emai, it will prompt for credentials
> agai, and you can tick the save box.

What if I don't have an entry for the smtp of that email. (This is whats
happening to me)

Nobody

Mar 17, 2021, 6:13:36 PMMar 17
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
I think what Millwood is suggesting concerns the "everytime" which you
referred to originally... isn't there a check box in that repeated
request for a PW to remember it in the future?