Error importing mails from Outlook

guillerm...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2007, 2:05:42 PM9/20/07
Hello,

When importing mails from Outlook, after creating a local folder
account, I receive the following error message:

Save Draft Error
Unable to save your message as draft.
Unable to open the temporary file C:\DOCUMEN~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP
\mapiattach-1.tmp.
Check your 'Temporary Directory' file setting.

When clicking OK, a new message comes up:

Save Draft Error
Unable to save your message as draft.
Unable to open the temporary file %P0%. Check your 'Temporary
Directory' file setting.

>From this point Thunderbird just keeps presenting the message over and
over, having to force the program to shutdown.

I've already tried deleting the Drafts.msf file in my Profile
Directory as suggested by Peter Potamus and all sorts of other
options, none work.

All the help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Guillermo.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Sep 20, 2007, 2:13:34 PM9/20/07
guillerm...@gmail.com wrote:
> I've already tried deleting the Drafts.msf file in my Profile
> Directory as suggested by Peter Potamus and all sorts of other
> options, none work.

when you delete the *.msf file, you are doing so with the
program closed, correct?

or Reply to Author. Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

guillerm...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2007, 2:17:15 PM9/20/07
On Sep 20, 1:13 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.the.purple.hi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, but since my mail in Outlook was in may different folders and
subfolders, I found out a whole bunch of Drafts.msf files, must I
delete each and every one of them?

Guillermo.

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Sep 20, 2007, 2:24:03 PM9/20/07
guillerm...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sep 20, 1:13 pm, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
> <peter.potamus.the.purple.hi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> guillermo.pov...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I've already tried deleting the Drafts.msf file in my Profile
>>> Directory as suggested by Peter Potamus and all sorts of other
>>> options, none work.
>> when you delete the *.msf file, you are doing so with the
>> program closed, correct?
> Yes, but since my mail in Outlook was in may different folders and
> subfolders, I found out a whole bunch of Drafts.msf files, must I
> delete each and every one of them?
>
> Guillermo.

yes

QHAdmin

Sep 20, 2007, 4:51:06 PM9/20/07
Same thing, same error, deleted all Drafts.msf files, made no
difference.

Please, I'm moving to Linux and I need to move my email into
Thunderbird... Help!!

Thomas Spellman

Jan 9, 2008, 12:35:02 AM1/9/08
to guillerm...@gmail.com
I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to make it
work? It seems that the import process stops at the point at which the
popups start, so even stopping TB, deleting drafts folders, and then
importing again would make it happen again.

Gordon

Jan 15, 2008, 9:11:16 AM1/15/08
Thomas Spellman wrote:
> I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to make it
> work? It seems that the import process stops at the point at which the
> popups start, so even stopping TB, deleting drafts folders, and then
> importing again would make it happen again.

Use outlook Express as an intermediary....(If you are on Vista then I
can't help...)

--
Say No to OXML
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9594#mpart8

Mabian

Feb 3, 2008, 1:44:46 PM2/3/08
On Jan 15, 3:11 pm, Gordon <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> Thomas Spellman wrote:
> > I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure out how to make it
> > work? It seems that the import process stops at the point at which the
> > popups start, so even stopping TB, deleting drafts folders, and then
> > importing again would make it happen again.
>
> Use outlook Express as an intermediary....(If you are on Vista then I
> can't help...)
>
> --
> Say No to OXMLhttp://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9594#mpart8

> Email address not monitored - reply to group

Here I solved the problem with error importing outlook (not express)
mail into thunderbird: my Antivirus was blocking the access to some
mail attachments to thunderbid was not able to import it. After
disabling the antivirus, import is working (well at least it does no
longer produce the error)

Hope it helps,
Mario