Retention properties not available on Inbox folder

Lou Cipriano

Mar 3, 2021, 9:34:30โ€ฏAM3/3/21
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Why would retention properties be missing from the Inbox folder while available on other folders of that account ? Also, on another computer, the retention properties ARE available for the Inbox of the same IMAP account. Confusing.

๐Ÿ˜‰ Good Guy ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mar 3, 2021, 12:09:41โ€ฏPM3/3/21
On 03/03/2021 14:33, Lou Cipriano wrote:
Why would retention properties be missing from the Inbox folder while available on other folders of that account ? Also, on another computer, the retention properties ARE available for the Inbox of the same IMAP account. Confusing.

Did you check under Synchronization & Storage if it is still there?

To get there, Right-Click on the Account and choose Account Settings.ย  You will then see Synchronization & Storage settingsย  >>ย  Disk Space settings.

--

With over 1.2 billion devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Lou Cipriano

Mar 3, 2021, 12:40:21โ€ฏPM3/3/21
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 9:34:30 AM UTC-5, Lou Cipriano wrote:
> Why would retention properties be missing from the Inbox folder while available on other folders of that account ? Also, on another computer, the retention properties ARE available for the Inbox of the same IMAP account. Confusing.
TB version: 78.8.0 64bit
Windows 10 - latest fixpac

Lou Cipriano

Mar 4, 2021, 8:18:55โ€ฏPM3/4/21
On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 12:09:41 PM UTC-5, ๐Ÿ˜‰ Good Guy ๐Ÿ˜‰ wrote:
> On 03/03/2021 14:33, Lou Cipriano wrote:
> Why would retention properties be missing from the Inbox folder while available on other folders of that account ? Also, on another computer, the retention properties ARE available for the Inbox of the same IMAP account. Confusing.
> Did you check under Synchronization & Storage if it is still there?
> To get there, Right-Click on the Account and choose Account Settings. You will then see Synchronization & Storage settings >> Disk Space settings.
> --
yes, I have Disk Space settings under Synch and Storage, however those settings apply to all folders in the account. I'm looking to control retention on a folder basis within the account. Again, another computer with TB has this setting on the Properties window of on this same folder (Inbox) of this same account. I also have the setting available on other folders of this same account on the computer where it is missing from the Inbox folder. Like I said, it's most confusing.

WaltS48

Mar 5, 2021, 8:12:16โ€ฏAM3/5/21
On 3/3/21 9:33 AM, Lou Cipriano wrote:
> Why would retention properties be missing from the Inbox folder while available on other folders of that account ? Also, on another computer, the retention properties ARE available for the Inbox of the same IMAP account. Confusing.

Are the applications exactly the same on both computers?

All of my IMAP and POP accounts have Retention Properties for the Inbox
folders.

Have you tried safe mode using Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled?

--
OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop