e-mail list at contacts

wetabax

Mar 16, 2021, 6:34:47 PM3/16/21
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org

Hi, I hope someone have the answer.

Before, if I send an email to the name of an e-mail list (e.g. friends3)
and write in to: field friends3, thunderbird understands that's an email
list and change this address with all emails into this list.

What is happening now: I have an email list with this data:
List name 3Solar
List alias 3so...@myname.com.br

adresses do insert in the e-mail
adre...@something.com.br
adre...@something.com.br

(like it always was)

Now, when I send this email I get this message:

There was an error by sending your message. The e-mail server returns:
5.1.3 The recipient address <3Solar> is not a valid RFC-5321 address.
Please check the recipient from the message "3Solar" and try again.

What must I do?

Thank you
regards

John Weiss

Mar 16, 2021, 8:52:46 PM3/16/21
On 03/16/21 12:50, wetabax wrote:

> Hi, I hope someone have the answer.
>
> Before, if I send an email to the name of an e-mail list (e.g. friends3)
> and write in to: field friends3, thunderbird understands that's an email
> list and change this address with all emails into this list.
>
> There was an error by sending your message. The e-mail server returns:
> 5.1.3 The recipient address <3Solar> is not a valid RFC-5321 address.
> Please check the recipient from the message "3Solar" and try again.
>
> What must I do?

Try hitting the Tab key instead of the Enter key to enter the list
address. This step is necessary now when using MailMerge, so it might
also work with lists.

WaltS48

Mar 16, 2021, 9:58:54 PM3/16/21
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Tried changing 3Solar to Solar3?

--
OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop

Dave Royal

Mar 17, 2021, 3:10:19 AM3/17/21
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
I've seen this reported twice, both times caused by the sigswitch addon.
<http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3071471>
But I'm sceptical that it's the only or prime cause.

--
(Remove numerics from email address)

Steve

Mar 17, 2021, 12:36:08 PM3/17/21
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Does it work if you delete the alias or nickname?