IMAP EMails Not Being Received

redgypsee

Dec 1, 2020, 7:16:52 PM12/1/20
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
HI, I am not sure if it was the most recent update, but suddenly I am not getting my emails on my IMAP account. I checked the webmail on the server, and they are there, and also they are going through to my phone. In touch with my ISP, of course they are sure something is wrong with Thunderbird. I have the port set on 143, and it’s an IMAP account. Does anyone have any insight? I have used Thunderbird for a very long time and I don't recall having a problem like this.

BillH

Dec 1, 2020, 7:42:35 PM12/1/20
On 12/1/2020 2:26 PM, redgypsee wrote:
> HI, I am not sure if it was the most recent update, but suddenly I am not getting my emails on my IMAP account. I checked the webmail on the server, and they are there, and also they are going through to my phone. In touch with my ISP, of course they are sure something is wrong with Thunderbird. I have the port set on 143, and it’s an IMAP account. Does anyone have any insight? I have used Thunderbird for a very long time and I don't recall having a problem like this.

Are you using any type of security on the account? If so, try port 993
instead of 143.

Bill

--
If you want to send me an email, you must remove "NOSPAM" from my email
address before replying.

😉 Good Guy 😉

Dec 1, 2020, 7:47:09 PM12/1/20
On 01/12/2020 22:26, redgypsee wrote:
HI, I am not sure if it was the most recent update, but suddenly I am not getting my emails on my IMAP account. I checked the webmail on the server, and they are there, and also they are going through to my phone. In touch with my ISP, of course they are sure something is wrong with Thunderbird. I have the port set on 143, and it’s an IMAP account. Does anyone have any insight? I have used Thunderbird for a very long time and I don't recall having a problem like this.

Check your port number again.  143 is default but it is "unencrypted" and these days this doesn't work with most email servers.  They are all obsessed with security!

Things don't stop working unless the user has made some changes.  Also, updates have never messed up my imap settings.  Never and I am also a long time user of Mozilla Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook.

--

With over 1.2 billion devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Wayne

Dec 2, 2020, 3:30:20 AM12/2/20
On 12/1/20 5:26 PM, redgypsee wrote:
> HI, I am not sure if it was the most recent update, but suddenly I am not getting my emails on my IMAP account. I checked the webmail on the server, and they are there, and also they are going through to my phone. In touch with my ISP, of course they are sure something is wrong with Thunderbird. I have the port set on 143, and it’s an IMAP account. Does anyone have any insight? I have used Thunderbird for a very long time and I don't recall having a problem like this.

If you are using ESET/NOD32 security/AV then probability is high that
ESET is causing your problems. According to ESET forums, you should
temporarily disable SSL on ESET until they solve the problem per
https://support.eset.com/en/kb3126-disable-ssl-filtering-in-eset-windows-products?ref=esf
- the problem is being reported by dozens of users
https://forum.eset.com/topic/26517-problems-with-thunderbird-and-imaps/
https://forum.eset.com/discover/

You might also inform them of your difficulty.