https://platform.twitter.com/jot.html opens in browser every time I start Thunderbird

c.magnus...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2018, 2:41:01 AM1/17/18
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
Every time I start Thunderbird this opens up in a new tab in my browser (Chrome):

https://platform.twitter.com/jot.html

Same thing happens when I search in Thunderbird and the search result is presented.

Anyone with the same problem?

Jan-Peter Rühmann

Jan 17, 2018, 2:54:51 AM1/17/18
to support-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello

What is your starting Page in Thunderbird?
Your Homepage or any other Site which has Twitter embedded.
Are you using the Twitter Widget in your Homepage?

This is a Problem of the Twitter Widget that ocurs mainly if you use some kind of Ad-blocker.
I have this too but the Twitter Developers wont do anything because the say I am the only one and they can´t reproduce it.
As far as I know there is no solution to that.

I simply close the Tabs when I see them.

Same thing happens when I search in Thunderbird and the search result is presented.

Anyone with the same problem?

Good luck,
--
-=============================== Jan-Peter Rühmann & Kuma ===============================-
 Gubkower Str.7       [ Tel.:  +49 (38205) 65484 (Privat) ] Mail: jan-...@ruehmann.name

B00ze

Jan 17, 2018, 11:51:25 PM1/17/18
On 2018-01-17 02:53, Jan-Peter Rühmann <jan-...@ruehmann.name> wrote:

> Hello
>
> What is your starting Page in Thunderbird?
> Your Homepage or any other Site which has Twitter embedded.
> Are you using the Twitter Widget in your Homepage?
>
> This is a Problem of the Twitter Widget that ocurs mainly if you use
> some kind of Ad-blocker.
> I have this too but the Twitter Developers wont do anything because the
> say I am the only one and they can´t reproduce it.
> As far as I know there is no solution to that.

I think you got things reversed; that problem got fixed for me (in
newsfeeds) by using uBlock Origin, not by NOT using an AdBlocker.

> I simply close the Tabs when I see them.
>
> Am 17.01.2018 um 08:13 schrieb c.magnus...@gmail.com:
>> Every time I start Thunderbird this opens up in a new tab in my browser (Chrome):
>>
>> https://platform.twitter.com/jot.html
>>
>> Same thing happens when I search in Thunderbird and the search result is presented.
>>
>> Anyone with the same problem?

--
! _\|/_ Sylvain / B00...@hotmail.com
! (o o) Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society

Jan-Peter Rühmann

Jan 18, 2018, 2:32:53 AM1/18/18
to support-t...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello

No, If you don´t use a AdBlocker the Script that opens this Page is working normaly and if you use an AdBlocker it could not work normaly what sometimes result in not opening that page but normaly in completely not working of the Widget in adition.

I am using AdBlock+ and that works most of the Time but sometimes it gets through.

c.magnus...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2018, 10:17:27 AM3/8/18
to mozilla-suppo...@lists.mozilla.org
I've had the exact problem that you describes. Finally, after reading this thread I solved the problem.

I unchecked the starting page in Thunderbird and that was it. Something on my starting page triggered the Twitter widget. Without opening a web page as starting page the problem is no longer there.

Thanks to Jan-Peter Rühmann. :-)