Please Help

thedrain...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2009, 1:21:08 PM2/23/09
Hey,

When you search for my name in google search, the first thing that
pops up is a question I asked in this group a couple of years ago.
The question isn't at all shady, but it looks like it could be. It
shows up on Mark Mail for some reason: http://markmail.org/message/js67tgpsi7to4iyx
. I wasn't aware my name would be published, which was probably my
fault. The problem is that I'm apply for very professional jobs where
public opinion matters and I don't want this to be the first item that
pops up when you search for my name.

Please help me out (and please don't use my name!). Is there someone
that runs this group that could simply delete that question??

Thanks!

Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo

Feb 23, 2009, 1:35:16 PM2/23/09

sorry, but no can do. When you post here, then it also
populates other sites such as markmail.org,
velocityreviews.com, nntpnews.net, nnseek.com,
pcbanter.net, webservertalk.com, and many, many others.
Thats one of the benifits of doing business online.
Thats why a lot of people don't use their real names,
addresses, etc. And thats how you get a lot of spam.
You may be able to get it deleted here, but those other
sites will have picked it up before you even get around
to deleting it.

help!!!! Emails to me may become public

Laws, which applies everywhere in the FREE world,
except for some strange reason, not to the mozilla.org
newsgroup servers, where your posting may get you banned.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

John MacKenzie

Feb 23, 2009, 1:52:21 PM2/23/09
Why do you not create a profile in some other free email account like
Yahoo Your using gmail so that should not include your actual name
--unless you set it up to, if that is what happened create and new one
with false information.

John

Robert Kaiser

Feb 23, 2009, 2:19:04 PM2/23/09

Sites that archive and search data like Markmail and Google typically
don't delete things even if the source does, so even if we could it
wouldn't help much.

The only thing you reasonably can do is get your name up on other places
where it is associated with things that are more helpful. For example,
my name is spread on so many places with good things and info that it's
quite hard to find the old dumb questions or misinformed things I posted
somewhere :)

Robert Kaiser

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

thedrain...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2009, 2:27:43 PM2/23/09
On Feb 23, 1:19 pm, Robert Kaiser <ka...@kairo.at> wrote:

I would like to still remove my question from this site so other
search sites that haven't already used it don't pick it up. I have my
name in other places as well, but they come up much later in google
searches. Is there any way to make your name pop up sooner. I have
my name on the website of one organization that doesn't show up at
all. Is there any way to change this??

Thanks so much for your help

thedrain...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2009, 2:32:34 PM2/23/09
On Feb 23, 12:52 pm, John MacKenzie <jmacken...@cableone.net> wrote:

I did create a false one now, but it is too late to change the
question I asked two years ago. How can I at least get the question
deleted from this group?

Thanks for your help so far

Leonidas Jones

Feb 23, 2009, 11:24:47 PM2/23/09

I replied to your original question. I know that a search for my name
brings all sorts of help posts on various threads.

I'm really not sure why you are so concerned about this. Your original
question was quite innocuous. Indeed, it is probably helpful to those
who have the same question.

Lee