how2 upgrade from mozilla Mail to seamonkey

Franz Steinparz

Jul 13, 2009, 12:30:24 PM7/13/09
I am still unsig Mozilla 1.7.2 on a linux 2.4 Box and want to upgrade to
linux 2.6 with seamonkey.
I want to transfer all my mail, mailaccounts, Adresses etc. from
Mozilla Mail to seamonkey.
I tried to copy the .mozilla-Mail directory, but this did not work.
cann anybody give some advice?

best regards
Franz

Martin Feitag

Jul 13, 2009, 7:07:22 PM7/13/09
Franz Steinparz schrieb:

Three ways come to my mind:

1) The manual way: Install Seamonkey, re-create all mail-accounts, close
Seamonkey, copy all files like inbox, sent, trash etc. to the new
Semonkey profile in the corresponding directory. Finished.

2) http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq
to be more precise: http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#fromMoz
"If there is one profile (Mozilla or Netscape7 profile), SeaMonkey will
automatically use that profile. If there is more than one profile in
existence, you will get the profile manager, when the program first
starts. This allows you to prevent SeaMonkey from automatically opening
your Mozilla/Netscape profile."

3) using MozBackup to save/backup and restore:
http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

regards

Martin

Daniel

Jul 14, 2009, 6:45:16 AM7/14/09

and version 2 worked quite well on my Mandriva Linux

Daniel