Fox News Site Comments No Displaying?

Doc

May 25, 2012, 8:50:53 AM5/25/12
Firefox 12, all addons off in safe mode or disabled in regular mode. Win
7 64bit - NO Java in Firefox but did for seldom used IE 64 ver 9

For the past ten days or so the "comments" button (usually on the left
side of news articles at www.foxnews.com) has disappeared. I use
'Ghostery' and when turned OFF all the 'social networking' links appear
there "where" the comments button used to be BUT NO comment capacity.

Disqus has not been helpful but perhaps I missed something. I have
cleared cache, tried the things that have worked including allowing
popups and so forth...

Greatly appreciate help in this issue. Thank you.
--

"Doc" in Los Angeles

Doc

May 29, 2012, 8:06:31 AM5/29/12
On 5/25/2012 05:50 AM, Doc typed this:
ANYONE experiencing anything like this issue? I don't have Java on
Firefox but do in IE and there is 'no' comment box showing there either.
However other news sights commentary boxes are present so I'm sure it is
something specific to Fox News...

Thanks

--

"Doc" in Los Angeles
mailto: pc-d...@nospam.ca.rr.net

WLS

May 29, 2012, 10:42:19 AM5/29/12
Maybe they discontinued having comment boxes, replaced by Facebook and
Twitter.

Have you contacted them about it?

I don't see comment boxes in any of the browsers on my system which
includes Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Konquerer and SeaMonkey.

--
Thunderbird (15.0a1) Daily | openSUSE 12.1 | KDE 4.7.2
I love the Australis look of TB 15!

Frank

May 29, 2012, 12:51:37 PM5/29/12
Interesting that when I first bring it up, "comments" starts to appear
replaced by Facebook and Twitter. Wonder if these two are at fault.
I'm finding both social network sites annoying.

Doc

May 29, 2012, 3:10:04 PM5/29/12
On 5/29/2012 09:51 AM, Frank typed this:
I did contact them and rec'd no response... but a good idea and I'm kind
of relieved that 'you' are not seeing the comments button as well...
hate to be the only one ;^)

And Correct, "comments" can be seen as a momentary 'flash' where
Facebook and Twitter appear (or in my case, appear when I have safe mode
functional. The source code for the pages says (from memory)
"commenting" = false so they must have stopped comments. More or less
solves the "problem" issue for me. Thanks again!!!

Karen Archambault

May 30, 2012, 4:50:18 PM5/30/12
On May 29, 3:10 pm, Doc <pc-dc-...@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> On 5/29/2012 09:51 AM, Frank typed this:

> mailto: pc-dc-...@nospam.ca.rr.net

Same problem. The comment button will appear and then I click on it
and it disappears.. very strange.

Peter Holsberg

May 30, 2012, 6:03:33 PM5/30/12
to support...@lists.mozilla.org
Karen Archambault has written on 5/30/2012 4:50 PM:
I think they recently installed a Liberal-detector on their website. :-)

Frosted Flake

May 31, 2012, 1:36:44 PM5/31/12
See my comment in the SeaMonkey group relating to no images from Fox News

Doc

Jun 1, 2012, 8:35:58 AM6/1/12
On 5/31/2012 10:36 AM, Frosted Flake typed this:
In a google search it appears that many are 'now' experiencing this so I
am doubting it is a 'user' configuration issue. Other sites still allow
a comment upon any article through Disqus and those work, display,
etc... but FoxNews continues to be absent. Will check out the SeaMonkey
comment(s) - thanks!

--

"Doc" in Los Angeles
mailto: pc-d...@nospam.ca.rr.net

brianf...@hotmail.com

Jun 2, 2012, 11:52:45 AM6/2/12
that's what i thought!

Steve_K

Jun 3, 2012, 10:25:51 PM6/3/12
On May 30, 6:03 pm, Peter Holsberg <pj...@pobox.com> wrote:
> Karen Archambault has written on 5/30/2012 4:50 PM:
>

> > On May 29, 3:10 pm, Doc <pc-dc-...@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> >> On 5/29/2012 09:51 AM, Frank typed this:

> >> I did contact them and rec'd no response... but a good idea and I'm kind
> >> of relieved that 'you' are not seeing the comments button as well...
> >> hate to be the only one  ;^)
>
> >> And Correct, "comments" can be seen as a momentary 'flash' where
> >> Facebook and Twitter appear (or in my case, appear when I have safe mode
> >> functional. The source code for the pages says (from memory)
> >> "commenting" = false  so they must have stopped comments. More or less
> >> solves the "problem" issue for me. Thanks again!!!
> >> --
>
> >> "Doc" in Los Angeles
> >> mailto: pc-dc-...@nospam.ca.rr.net
>
> > Same problem. The comment button will appear and then I click on it
> > and it disappears.. very strange.
>
> I think they recently installed a Liberal-detector on their website. :-)

More like hired a undercover, liberal, web master or producer....or
worst receiving washed funding from Bo-rock's campaign funds......

Doc

Jun 4, 2012, 8:49:17 AM6/4/12
On 6/2/2012 08:52 AM, brianf...@hotmail.com typed this:
Then "I" would be "able" to comment - I'm the last conservative in Los
Angeles!

dnvi...@cox.net

Jun 13, 2012, 3:27:16 PM6/13/12
I have experienced the same...can't figure out why Fox would eliminate one of the main reasons people visit their website, me included!

dnvi...@cox.net

Jun 13, 2012, 3:36:03 PM6/13/12
Comments are one of the main reasons I visit Fox News and have it as my home page.
The option of clicking on Twitter or Facebook have no value...I cannot get on someone's Twitter or Facebook account I don't know, so that still eliminates finding out what people in general feel about certain Fox News articles and opinions.

It's just one more example of big companies and our Government making you feel insignificant, or that your opinions are of no importance. I can remember writing to Presidents Nixon and Carter and receiving a personal letter from each of them, and have having top Government officials contact me directly for additional answers and insight to my questions I addressed to each of these Presidents.

Now when you try to express anything to a President, it is directed to a black hole. Now Fox is showing it could care less, as well. Facebook is for keeping in touch with close friends and relatives, not broadcasting your opinions of a Fox News article. Friends can be very diverse in their opinions, and sending an opinion on a Fox article to everyone on your Facebook list could only cost you some of your friendships.

dnvi...@cox.net

Jun 13, 2012, 3:41:10 PM6/13/12
On Monday, June 4, 2012 5:49:17 AM UTC-7, Doc wrote:
> On 6/2/2012 08:52 AM, brianf...@hotmail.com typed this:
> > On May 30, 6:03 pm, Peter Holsberg
> wrote:
> >> Karen Archambault has written on 5/30/2012 4:50 PM:

Personally, what good does a connection to Facebook do anyone? I am interested in what people in general are saying and feeling about a particular article or point of view. I have no access to people's facebook or twit

On Monday, June 4, 2012 5:49:17 AM UTC-7, Doc wrote:
> On 6/2/2012 08:52 AM, brianf...@hotmail.com typed this:
> > On May 30, 6:03 pm, Peter Holsberg
> wrote:
> >> Karen Archambault has written on 5/30/2012 4:50 PM:

On Monday, June 4, 2012 5:49:17 AM UTC-7, Doc wrote:
> On 6/2/2012 08:52 AM, brianf...@hotmail.com typed this:
> > On May 30, 6:03 pm, Peter Holsberg
> wrote:
> >> Karen Archambault has written on 5/30/2012 4:50 PM:

Doc, I feel the same way! Facebook list of friends and contacts is

On Monday, June 4, 2012 5:49:17 AM UTC-7, Doc wrote:
> On 6/2/2012 08:52 AM, brianf...@hotmail.com typed this:
> > On May 30, 6:03 pm, Peter Holsberg
> wrote:
> >> Karen Archambault has written on 5/30/2012 4:50 PM:

me (dnvi...@cox.net change)

Post reply

12:36 PM (1 minute ago)

rodney...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2012, 12:30:10 PM6/20/12
I am having the exact same problem. I was just wondering if I had been blocked because of my "anti-Obama" comments. When the page first loads, I briefly see the comments link, then is disappears. Doesn't matter if I use chrome or IE browser.

Ron Hunter

Jun 20, 2012, 2:59:13 PM6/20/12
Perhaps they have decided to move their comments to the social media
sites. I see more and more companies moving their advertising to
Facebook, that is when I click on 'more info' in an email ad, I get a
Facebook page. I HATE THAT!

clay

Jun 20, 2012, 3:37:26 PM6/20/12
On 06/20/2012 11:59 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:

>> On Friday, May 25, 2012 7:50:53 AM UTC-5, Doc wrote:
>>> Firefox 12, all addons off in safe mode or disabled in regular mode. Win
>>> 7 64bit - NO Java in Firefox but did for seldom used IE 64 ver 9
>>>
>>> For the past ten days or so the "comments" button (usually on the left
>>> side of news articles at www.foxnews.com) has disappeared. I use
>>> 'Ghostery' and when turned OFF all the 'social networking' links appear
>>> there "where" the comments button used to be BUT NO comment capacity.
>>>
>>> Disqus has not been helpful but perhaps I missed something. I have
>>> cleared cache, tried the things that have worked including allowing
>>> popups and so forth...
>>>
>>> Greatly appreciate help in this issue. Thank you.
>>> --
>>>
>>> "Doc" in Los Angeles
>>
>> I am having the exact same problem. I was just wondering if I had been
>> blocked because of my "anti-Obama" comments. When the page first
>> loads, I briefly see the comments link, then is disappears. Doesn't
>> matter if I use chrome or IE browser.
>>
> Perhaps they have decided to move their comments to the social media
> sites. I see more and more companies moving their advertising to
> Facebook, that is when I click on 'more info' in an email ad, I get a
> Facebook page. I HATE THAT!

They have to prop up the FB stock somehow...

[followup>m.general]

dmo...@morrisdev.com

Jun 23, 2012, 4:57:00 PM6/23/12
I'd guess that the problem was actually a political one. Many of the most vocal commentors were pretty crass and were making republicans look quite bad to your average voter. As the primary mouthpiece for the Republican Party, I think they had no choice but to disable the comments.

I'm not sure anyone noticed, but they actually disabled the Latino version of fox news first. That one was just inundated with some pretty revolting racist comments. Any Hispanic reading the news there would take their voter registration form and run screaming to the DNC. (or Libertarian)

Essentially, Fox News, by directly displaying the Republican Party membership's true views, was seriously undercutting the GOP's ability to recruit people of any minority status, educated youth, first or second generation immigrants, or certainly anyone remotely related to the LGBT community.

Probably a good move.

On Friday, May 25, 2012 5:50:53 AM UTC-7, Doc wrote:
> Firefox 12, all addons off in safe mode or disabled in regular mode. Win
> 7 64bit - NO Java int Firefox but did for seldom used IE 64 ver 9

Robert Miles

Jul 16, 2012, 1:50:40 AM7/16/12
Could it be a comments from Los Angeles detector instead, then?

Robert Miles

Robert Miles

Jul 16, 2012, 1:59:59 AM7/16/12
On 6/13/2012 2:41 PM, dnvi...@cox.net wrote:
> On Monday, June 4, 2012 5:49:17 AM UTC-7, Doc wrote:
>> On 6/2/2012 08:52 AM, brianf...@hotmail.com typed this:
[snip]
> Comments are one of the main reasons I visit Fox News and have it as my home page.
> The option of clicking on Twitter or Facebook have no value...I cannot get on someone's Twitter or Facebook account I don't know, so that still eliminates finding out what people in general feel about certain Fox News articles and opinions.
>
> It's just one more example of big companies and our Government making you feel insignificant, or that your opinions are of no importance. I can remember writing to Presidents Nixon and Carter and receiving a personal letter from each of them, and have having top Government officials contact me directly for additional answers and insight to my questions I addressed to each of these Presidents.
>
> Now when you try to express anything to a President, it is directed to a black hole. Now Fox is showing it could care less, as well. Facebook is for keeping in touch with close friends and relatives, not broadcasting your opinions of a Fox News article. Friends can be very diverse in their opinions, and sending an opinion on a Fox article to everyone on your Facebook list could only cost you some of your friendships.

Which President? The current US President wants any comments sent
through a certain website:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

This sometimes produces responses, although they appear to be from
his staff or his campaign group rather than directly from him.

jcat82.pa...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2012, 8:05:16 PM8/30/12
I have no doubt that this is the work of the liberals. The one thing that gives me pause about this theory however is that most of them are smart enough to figure out how to do this.

Was Greywolf

Aug 31, 2012, 1:18:59 PM8/31/12
On 30/08/2012 8:05 PM, jcat82.pa...@gmail.com wrote:

[snip tale of woe about FoxNews Comments]
> I have no doubt that this is the work of the liberals. The one thing that gives me pause about this theory however is that most of them are smart enough to figure out how to do this.

More likely that:
a) in its regular clean-up *("Maintenance") of the website, the FoxNews
tech messed up something. This happens surprisingly often.
b) FoxNews decided not to host Comments anymore.

Have a good day.

--
Best,
Wolf K.

germ...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2012, 9:51:23 PM10/3/12
The RNC asked Fox to take down their comments. They will return after the election.

nellmc...@yahoo.com

Nov 15, 2012, 3:30:59 PM11/15/12
On Friday, May 25, 2012 8:50:53 AM UTC-4, Doc wrote:
> Firefox 12, all addons off in safe mode or disabled in regular mode. Win 7 64bit - NO Java in Firefox but did for seldom used IE 64 ver 9 For the past ten days or so the "comments" button (usually on the left side of news articles at www.foxnews.com) has disappeared. I use 'Ghostery' and when turned OFF all the 'social networking' links appear there "where" the comments button used to be BUT NO comment capacity. Disqus has not been helpful but perhaps I missed something. I have cleared cache, tried the things that have worked including allowing popups and so forth... Greatly appreciate help in this issue. Thank you. -- "Doc" in Los Angeles

I have found it extremely difficult if not impossible to sign the Georgia petetion to secede from the union, Our country is so divided that it is not going to repair itself under President Obama. There are millions of Americans that will not pledge allegiance to the USA while under a liberal American Presidents immoral thumb. We might as well secede from the Union now while we have momentem. I vote for a new CONSERVATIVE STATES OF AMERICA (CSA), does that sound familiar. Thanks Daley McCull

KAD

Jan 15, 2013, 10:58:39 AM1/15/13
Glad to see I'm not the only one who is experiencing this. The other problem with posting to FB or Twitter is that one is less anonymous there. I don't have accounts at either site, and don't want any.

dwall...@yahoo.com

Apr 3, 2013, 3:08:27 PM4/3/13
On Friday, May 25, 2012 5:50:53 AM UTC-7, Doc wrote:
> Firefox 12, all addons off in safe mode or disabled in regular mode. Win
>
> 7 64bit - NO Java in Firefox but did for seldom used IE 64 ver 9
>

> For the past ten days or so the "comments" button (usually on the left
>
> side of news articles at www.foxnews.com) has disappeared. I use
>
> 'Ghostery' and when turned OFF all the 'social networking' links appear
>
> there "where" the comments button used to be BUT NO comment capacity.
>

> Disqus has not been helpful but perhaps I missed something. I have
>
> cleared cache, tried the things that have worked including allowing
>
> popups and so forth...
>

> Greatly appreciate help in this issue. Thank you.
>
> --
>

> "Doc" in Los Angeles

I have the same problem. I believe it is Firefox though because if I use Chrome everything works fine.

Dave Symes

Apr 3, 2013, 4:37:04 PM4/3/13
In article <478ebeea-c423-4c5b...@googlegroups.com>,
<dwall...@yahoo.com> wrote:
[Snippy]

> I have the same problem. I believe it is Firefox though because if I
> use Chrome everything works fine.

Funny old world innit...

There are sites I visit that'll display in Firefox but show SFA of any use
in Google Chrome.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid

Retroman

Apr 3, 2013, 5:45:01 PM4/3/13
On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 12:08:27 -0700 (PDT), dwall...@yahoo.com wrote:

>On Friday, May 25, 2012 5:50:53 AM UTC-7, Doc wrote:
>> Firefox 12, all addons off in safe mode or disabled in regular mode. Win
>> 7 64bit - NO Java in Firefox but did for seldom used IE 64 ver 9
>> For the past ten days or so the "comments" button (usually on the left
>> side of news articles at www.foxnews.com) has disappeared. I use
>> 'Ghostery' and when turned OFF all the 'social networking' links appear
>> there "where" the comments button used to be BUT NO comment capacity.
>> Disqus has not been helpful but perhaps I missed something. I have
>> cleared cache, tried the things that have worked including allowing
>> popups and so forth...
>> Greatly appreciate help in this issue. Thank you.
>> "Doc" in Los Angeles
>
>I have the same problem. I believe it is Firefox though because if I use Chrome everything works fine.

Comments work for me at Fox News with Firefox 19, but only with Javascript
enabled for the associated domains, of which there are a large number. So,
if you are using the NoScript extension, try choosing "Allow all for this
site".

Doug M. in NJ