Download Setting is changed once Firefox restarted

31 views
Skip to first unread message

wjin

unread,
Jun 26, 2006, 9:14:53 AM6/26/06
to
Hi,
I find the setting (in Option/Download) to open the PDF file with the
default application (Foxit Rerader), will be changed back to use the Acrobat
Reader Plug in automatically, once I restart the Firefox. Is this a bug?


Hearts

unread,
Jun 26, 2006, 9:38:07 AM6/26/06
to

Hi,

Which version of FF?

I think that plugins will overwrite and take preference over your
manually defined application. Enter the following in the URL bar:

about:plugins

Is there still an entry for Acroread PDF? If so close FF and try
renaming the associated DLL file restart FF do PDF files now open in
Foxit reader?

Ian

gwtc

unread,
Jun 26, 2006, 12:11:45 PM6/26/06
to
Hearts wrote:

I didn't know there was a Foxit Plugin for FF.

--
Murphy's Laws of Computing: When you get to the point where you really
understand your computer, it's probably obsolete.

Hearts

unread,
Jun 27, 2006, 2:56:57 AM6/27/06
to
gwtc wrote:
> Hearts wrote:
>
>> wjin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I find the setting (in Option/Download) to open the PDF file
>>> with the default application (Foxit Rerader), will be changed back
>>> to use the Acrobat Reader Plug in automatically, once I restart the
>>> Firefox. Is this a bug?
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Which version of FF?
>>
>> I think that plugins will overwrite and take preference over your
>> manually defined application. Enter the following in the URL bar:
>>
>> about:plugins
>>
>> Is there still an entry for Acroread PDF? If so close FF and try
>> renaming the associated DLL file restart FF do PDF files now open in
>> Foxit reader?
>>
>> Ian
> I didn't know there was a Foxit Plugin for FF.
>

Hi,

There isn't a Foxit plugin, I was referring to the possibility off an
Adobe PDF plugin overriding the Foxit entry in:

Tools | Options | Downloads | Download actions

Ian

wjin

unread,
Jun 27, 2006, 9:26:41 AM6/27/06
to
I renamed the DLL file nppdf32.dll --> nppdf32-Change.dll,
under C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins,
and C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\Browser

The result is it changes back to Adobe plugin again, after I close and
restrart FF. Of course I tried to rename only one DLL file and the result is
no difference.

Do anyone have some idea?

Thanks,

Wenjun


"Hearts" <heart...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:q7-dnTdUC-vdfgLZ...@mozilla.org...

wjin

unread,
Jun 27, 2006, 9:29:30 AM6/27/06
to
Forget to say my FF is 1.504 under win2K, and adobe is 6.0 Pro, and Foxit is
1.3 Pro.

"Hearts" <heart...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:q7-dnTdUC-vdfgLZ...@mozilla.org...

Hearts

unread,
Jun 27, 2006, 9:44:47 AM6/27/06
to


Hi,

Is there still an entry listed for PDF files when you check

about:plugins

If so try removing the DLL file from the directory or rename it to
nppdf32.old

Ian

wjin

unread,
Jun 27, 2006, 3:28:57 PM6/27/06
to
There is a plugin auto search function within Firefox and it will search
multiple paths to locate the acrobat plugin if you don't change the name of
all related DLL files in your computer. I disabled this autosearch for
acrobat plugin according the firefox help document and now is OK.

Thanks a lot.

Wenjun

"Hearts" <heart...@gmail.com> wrote in message

news:RfidnUeG17bSqzzZ...@mozilla.org...

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages