Site problem www.myuhc.com

Frosted Flake

Dec 15, 2010, 4:07:05 PM12/15/10
I got an email from United Health Care and it had a link to
https://www.myuhc.com
I had been to the site before with both Firefox and Seamonkey.
The initial page should ask for a username and password to login but the
page never loads.
On this same machine, I tried IE and it also hangs.
I tried Chrome, Opera, and Safari - all three of these bring up the
login page.
Does anyone have an idea what prevents Firefox, Seamonkey and IE from
I have cleared cookies and cache and even rebooted. In all cases
Firefox, Seamonkey and IE just sit there with "loading" or
"transferring" being displayed but there is no internet activity during
that time. I have waited for over an hour in some cases and still
nothing from those three.

Jay Garcia

Dec 15, 2010, 4:25:18 PM12/15/10

Dec 15, 2010, 4:33:21 PM12/15/10

Scripting needs to be enabled for that page to work. Do you have any
add-ons which might be interfering?

Cal Tinson

Dec 15, 2010, 4:42:08 PM12/15/10

Used it earlier today, and it still is working fine for me. Note,
however, that that URL redirects to the following (with my id and pw
remembered):

https://www.myuhc.com/member/prewelcome.do

What happens if you try that?

Frosted Flake

Dec 15, 2010, 7:09:21 PM12/15/10
Jay Garcia wrote:
> On 15.12.2010 15:07, Frosted Flake wrote:

How would AV and/or Firewall settings allow it to work with Chrome,
Opera, and Safari but not FF, SM, or IE?

Frosted Flake

Dec 15, 2010, 7:11:10 PM12/15/10
No special add-ons (actually I have very few add-ons for FF and SM) but
add-ons don't explain why it doesn't work with IE either but does with
Chrome, Opera, and Safari

Frosted Flake

Dec 15, 2010, 7:14:53 PM12/15/10

Using the URL that you provided works with all the browsers that I
checked (FF, SM, IE, Chrome, Opera, and Safari).

It appears that something on the initial page at https://www.myuhc.com
is what is causing the hang with FF, SM, and IE

Frosted Flake

Dec 15, 2010, 7:18:16 PM12/15/10
The initial page uses frames, maybe that has something to do with it.
Also, the page is sent encrypted, that also might be part of the
difficulty (a certificate issue?)

Cal Tinson

Dec 15, 2010, 7:31:29 PM12/15/10

WFM using either the link in the e-mail with TB or the same link in FF.
Have you tried it in both?
Have you tried clearing the FF cache (tools, clear recent history)
before trying it either way?

Frosted Flake

Dec 15, 2010, 8:08:05 PM12/15/10
Cleared Cache and Cookies in FF, SN, and IE.
Tried both links (the short one in the email) and the long one you provided.
The short one hangs, the long one from you works.
When I go to the long one you gave, and start putting in a username, the
correct username and pw fill in the login fields (at least in SM and
FF), in IE I have to fill in both fields manually.

Cal Tinson

Dec 16, 2010, 8:19:18 AM12/16/10

Looks as if you're not alone - see this (although a quick scan suggests
there's no complete solution yet that works for everyone, and I
personally can't get myuhc to EITHER fail or warn no matter what I do
with the settings mentioned):
https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/681968

Joe Brown

Dec 16, 2010, 9:55:47 AM12/16/10
For whatever it's worth. The original link works just fine here with
both Firefox and IE8. I've been using that site for years and never had
to make any changes or had any problem. Windows XP SP-3.

Frosted Flake

Dec 16, 2010, 10:30:45 AM12/16/10
Same here. I'm trying to determine WHY it is hanging on only those
three browsers now.

I had not been to the site in a while and when it stopped working I was
surprised. Even more surprised that it works with some browsers but not
FF, SM and (surprisingly) IE8.

Frosted Flake

Dec 16, 2010, 11:11:48 AM12/16/10
I did some additional checking and found, much to my surprise, that the
addon HTML Validator 0.8.6.1 appears to be the root of the problem.
When I disable it in FF, the site works. When I disable it in SM, the
site works. When it is disabled in both, IE8 works. I haven't tried
enabling it in one of the browsers and seeing then if IE8 works but it
is NOT listed as an addon for IE8 when I look at all addons for IE8.

Frosted Flake

Dec 16, 2010, 11:26:24 AM12/16/10
OK, now whether HTML Validator 0.8.6.1 is enabled or not in either or
both FF or SM, IE8 works (strange).

With HTML Validator disabled in either FF or SM the website works.

I seem to recall that when FF updated to 3.6.13, HTML Validator also was
updated, same with SM going to 2.0.11

Now to see if I can find out what is going on with HTML Validator.

Frosted Flake

Dec 16, 2010, 11:43:26 AM12/16/10
Tried the previous version of HTML Validator 0.8.5.5 but it will not
install on either SM or FF (says it is not compatible) - I recall there
is a way to override this so that is the next step. Find out how to
override the compatibility check and see if 0.8.5.5 still causes this
problem.

Frosted Flake

Dec 16, 2010, 12:21:38 PM12/16/10

Changing compatibility checking did not help - can't get 0.8.5.5 to work.

Will reinstall 0.8.6.1 and get to www.myuhc.com by going directly to the
www.myuhc.com/member/prewelcome.do page.

Hopefully someone can figure out what is going on with 0.8.6.1 and come
up with some kind of fix.