Somehow the onscreen keyboard got turned on.

George Goffe

Mar 8, 2021, 6:22:39 PM3/8/21
to support...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

I feel like the proverbial village idiot. Somehow the On-screen
keyboard got turned on with both FF latest release and FF nightly. Can
someone put me out of my misery please? How did this happen? How can I
disable it? I have tried setting
"services.sync.prefs.sync.ui.osk.enabled" to false but that doesn't
work.

Thanks,

George...

--
It's not what you know that hurts you, it's what you KNOW that AINT
so. WIll Rodgers

EnDeeGee

Mar 8, 2021, 6:43:14 PM3/8/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
On 08-Mar.-2021 15:28, George Goffe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I feel like the proverbial village idiot. Somehow the On-screen
> keyboard got turned on with both FF latest release and FF nightly. Can
> someone put me out of my misery please? How did this happen? How can I
> disable it? I have tried setting
> "services.sync.prefs.sync.ui.osk.enabled" to false but that doesn't
> work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> George...

Never seen this before but maybe this as something to do with it in:
Tools/General/Browsing there's an option to "Show touch keyboard when
necessary"

George Goffe

Mar 12, 2021, 8:28:33 PM3/12/21
to support...@lists.mozilla.org
The onscreen keyboard problem is back.

Does anyone know how this is triggered?

Regards,

Nobody

Mar 12, 2021, 9:02:45 PM3/12/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
On Mon, 8 Mar 2021 12:28:34 -0800, George Goffe <grg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I feel like the proverbial village idiot. Somehow the On-screen
>keyboard got turned on with both FF latest release and FF nightly. Can
>someone put me out of my misery please? How did this happen? How can I
>disable it? I have tried setting
>"services.sync.prefs.sync.ui.osk.enabled" to false but that doesn't
>work.
>
>Thanks,
>
>George...

Aren't there "three" config settings involved?

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1113090>

WaltS48

Mar 13, 2021, 8:09:47 AM3/13/21
On 3/12/21 8:27 PM, George Goffe wrote:
> The onscreen keyboard problem is back.
>
> Does anyone know how this is triggered?
>
> Regards,
>
> George...

Meaning that something from the replies to your other post worked and
now isn't, or was never solved?

What version of Firefox on what operating system?

Have you tried safe mode using Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled?
Assuming that you are using a version where that hasn't been changed to
Help > Troubleshoot Mode.

--
OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop