Firefox-gmail problem

Malcolm Frouman

Apr 6, 2008, 12:14:58 PM4/6/08
to support...@lists.mozilla.org
I'm on a Mac. A problem suddenly cropped up using gmail and Firefox. I can
access my iGoogle page but when when I try to go to my gmail inbox Firefox
tries loading the page but it never comes up. Gmail works fine in Safari.
Anyone know about this problem?

Thanks.

tdmac...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2008, 12:43:45 AM4/8/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

I have the same exact problem on my windows based computer (vista os).
This just cropped up recently (like the first week of April). Firefox
will not open to my gmail inbox. There appears to be no problem with
IE or Opera. Therefore my assumption is that it is a problem with
Firefox. Any Firefox experts have any clue to what happened and how it
can be fixed?

Thanks.

Kam-Hung Soh

Apr 8, 2008, 6:59:11 PM4/8/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

No idea why it happens. The problem fixes itself after a day or two;
you can work around it using the second or third URL listed below.

* HTTP: https://mail.google.com/mail/
* HTTPS: https://mail.google.com/mail/
* Plain HTML interface: https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=html&zy=a

(http://kamhungsoh.com/blog/2008/02/workaround-gmail-continuously-

Kam-Hung Soh <a href="http://kamhungsoh.com/blog">Software Salariman</
a>

mmee...@gmail.com

Apr 8, 2008, 8:01:32 PM4/8/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

Starting about two days ago, I'm having the same problem with an
iMac. My G-mail on Windows or Safari works just fine. However the
fix suggested by Kam-Hung Soh solves the problem. Thanks a lot!

mmee...@gmail.com

Erin Costello

Apr 9, 2008, 4:12:18 PM4/9/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
> mmeek...@gmail.com

I am on a PC and having the same problem. It isn't going away, Now Im
just using safari and IE :(

kcsc...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2008, 9:19:28 AM4/14/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Same problem here. When I sign into Gmail on a Mac (OS X) with
Firefox (2.0.0.4) it goes into an endless cycle of reloading and I can
never see my inbox. I have no problems on the same Mac with Safari.
I also can use Firefox fine on my PC running Vista -- I'll have to see
if that is a different version of Firefox and try to update the Mac if
so.

matt....@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2008, 9:53:13 AM4/17/08
On Apr 14, 8:19 am, kcsch...@gmail.com wrote:
> Sameproblemhere. When I sign intoGmailon a Mac (OS X) withFirefox(2.0.0.4) it goes into an endless cycle of reloading and I can

> never see my inbox. I have no problems on the same Mac with Safari.
> I also can useFirefoxfine on my PC running Vista -- I'll have to see
> if that is a different version ofFirefoxand try to update the Mac if
> so.

I have the exact same problem you are describing, and contrary to the
Eventually gmail comes up, but it can take several minutes. Any
solutions to this as of yet?

Andrea Roach

Apr 18, 2008, 9:50:57 PM4/18/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

I began having this problem in the last few days. I can not open my
Gmail.

I am using the latest version of Firefox.

chiang...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2008, 3:05:24 AM4/19/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Try clearing your cache. That worked for me.

Something wrong with the last Firefox update? That's when this started
happening (a few days ago).

northe...@googlemail.com

Apr 20, 2008, 11:42:46 AM4/20/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

I have not been able to use gmail on firefox since the last update.
But I just cleared the Cache and it started working now..

I think it must have something to do with the latest update.

rameshw...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2008, 4:03:00 PM4/20/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

RUN GOOGLE TOOL BAR [FOR MOZILLA ]SETUP AGAIN................WELL IT
WORKED FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rwfcycling

Apr 21, 2008, 7:33:47 AM4/21/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

Count me in! I installed the latest Firefox update last week on both
my Windows XP desktop and my MacBook Pro. On XP, gmail works fine.
On Mac inbox will not load - even after clearing 'mozilla cache' and
Firefox cookies. When using Finder to locate 'cache', it listed about
15 folders and many many files. Maybe I'm not clearing the right
one?? Any clarification on clearing 'the right cache' would be
appreciated.

rwfcycling

Apr 21, 2008, 7:33:47 AM4/21/08
On Apr 20, 12:42 pm, northerndw...@googlemail.com wrote:

Count me in! I installed the latest Firefox update last week on both

mcor...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2008, 11:38:56 AM4/26/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

Same problem here, and on a Mac. I cleared my cache, and all is well
again for now.

Maria

nomi...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2008, 1:57:57 PM4/26/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Had the same problem. Here's what worked for me.

1) Go to "Tools" in toolbar
2) Select "Options" from the drop down menu
3) Select the "Privacy" tab
4) Under "Private Data" select "Clear Now"
5) Select everything except "Saved Passwords" (you can keep "Download
History" as well)
6) Click "Clear Private Data Now"
7) Close the "Options" window

You may or may not need to restart Firefox. My gmail was attempting
to log on in the background as I performed the cache cleaning and it
loaded the moment I selected "Clear Private Data Now". I don't know
how this happened in the first place with the update, but I do know
this worked for me. Best of luck!

daBkl...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2008, 12:21:09 PM4/29/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
I used: https://mail.google.com/mail/#inbox and it fixed the problem
immediately.

bail...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2008, 2:35:39 PM4/29/08
On Apr 29, 12:21 pm, daBklyn...@gmail.com wrote:
> I used:https://mail.google.com/mail/#inboxand it fixed the problem

I tried the above, just selecting Clear Cache, and that worked for me.
Thanks to everyone for their tips.

martin...@googlemail.com

Apr 30, 2008, 2:33:48 AM4/30/08
On Apr 29, 5:21 pm, daBklyn...@gmail.com wrote:
> I used:https://mail.google.com/mail/#inboxand it fixed the problem

Hi,

had the same prob for quite a while. using https://mail.google.com/mail/#inbox
helped immediately even without clearing the cache!

Thanks a lot!

jze...@gmail.com

May 2, 2008, 9:41:51 AM5/2/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
I cleared my cache and tried the alternative URLs. Still unable to
access Gmail via Firefox. I am using Windows XP.

Any more ideas?

pn

May 4, 2008, 11:25:20 AM5/4/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
It happened to me with Vista, but https://mail.google.com/mail/#inbox
seems to have done the trick. In any case, isn't it better to look
at your mail through https rather than http?

ie.ra...@gmail.com

May 4, 2008, 7:27:44 PM5/4/08
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

I experience the same problem on Firefox,XP. Tried disabling Firebug,
but it doesn't help. Sometimes it causes firefox to hang.

Message has been deleted

coolc...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2012, 6:47:55 PM9/7/12
to Firefox user help
I had that and also I could not go to any google support forum.
Gmail would come up, but always said connecting and never loaded.
I am on a PC
I cleared the cache and it was good for a bit, then went and did the same thing again. I hope this is not a regular issue.

coolc...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2012, 6:47:55 PM9/7/12
to mozilla.sup...@googlegroups.com, Firefox user help

hele...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2012, 6:39:11 AM9/29/12
to Firefox user help
Hi
Hi, I have the same exact problem lately. I can't seem to fix it. Read somewhere to clear cache but it still the same. I'm using a Mac, too. Chrome has no problem opening in standard view.

This must be Mozilla FF problem. Has anyone heard of a fix yet?

Thanks!

hele...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2012, 6:39:11 AM9/29/12
to mozilla.sup...@googlegroups.com, Firefox user help
Hi

fair....@gmail.com

May 22, 2014, 9:11:54 AM5/22/14
On Sunday, April 6, 2008 12:14:58 PM UTC-4, Malcolm Frouman wrote:
> I'm on a Mac. A problem suddenly cropped up using gmail and Firefox. I can
> access my iGoogle page but when when I try to go to my gmail inbox Firefox
> tries loading the page but it never comes up. Gmail works fine in Safari.
> Anyone know about this problem?
>

> Thanks.

I am having gmail/firefox problem that is slightly different - gmail won't let me sign out of one account and into another. Instead, after selecting another account and clicking on it, it reopens the original account. If I delete the original account I can sometimes get into the other one but everytime I restart the computer (a Macbook pro) the original email is back on the list of accounts and I go through the problem again. I am using Safari for the other email account and only using firefox for the original one.

Ed Mullen

May 22, 2014, 9:34:14 AM5/22/14
Most likely a cookie issue. If you don't need Gmail cookies block Gmail
from using cookies.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/

Dave Pyles

May 22, 2014, 9:47:29 AM5/22/14
If you are having a problem that is "slightly different" from the one
that the person who started this thread is reporting, please don't
hijack the original poster's thread, but start a new one. This will
eliminate potential confusion.

Dave Pyles

edwin....@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2014, 12:21:10 PM9/29/14
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Firefox, Add Ons, Add On "Plug in" Next Gen. Java Plug In released on 8/14.
Solves part of my Gmail Window hang problem: reduced time to show E-mail &
Delete E-mail.
You can check that out along with Java updates to see if it works for you
before trying out Yahoo or Hotmail.

E.R.

larry.s...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2014, 2:45:39 AM10/15/14
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
On Sunday, April 6, 2008 11:14:58 AM UTC-5, Malcolm Frouman wrote:
> I'm on a Mac. A problem suddenly cropped up using gmail and Firefox. I can
> access my iGoogle page but when when I try to go to my gmail inbox Firefox
> tries loading the page but it never comes up. Gmail works fine in Safari.
> Anyone know about this problem?
>

> Thanks.

Hello. I don't know about mac but there is a log-in problem with windows 8 (A small one). that tells you to clear the cookies/cache. Give you a links that I had no luck on. On that error page, to the left of the address of that page there is a icon (it's either a lock or an error triangle.) Click that. Then click "More Information". You should get a separate window that has "google.com" as like a target. you will also see a cookie row. Click "View Cookies". That should bring another window with a list of cookies that is connected to google.com. There are 3 buttons. the middle one would say "Remove all Cookies" hit that one. Now, when that is done you can close the this window and the window before it. Hit the back button to return to the previous page (google search, youtube, ect) and click the log-in button. Problem fixed.

hamilto...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2015, 12:06:54 PM1/14/15
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you. Problem solved!