Search tabs by name

Martin Michálek

Mar 25, 2021, 5:32:19 AM3/25/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello,
does anyone know of any way to search  tabs using only their names
instead of their adress, currently when I search tabs using % keyword it
would search them by adress, with just few exceptions using name, I am
using version 78.8.0esr with pyllyukko's user.js(with few notifications).

Andy Burns

Mar 25, 2021, 7:12:43 AM3/25/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
If I type a search term into the megssuperawesomebar (or whatever it's
called this week) and then click the "tabs %" button, it seems to give
results based on the URL of the tabs

However if I click the "list all tabs" droplist at the end of the tabs
bar, and then click the magnifying glass at the top, and type my search
term in there, it seems to give results based on the title of the tabs

Not sure if this is documented anywhere, or whether there's something
other than % which gives the second type of result?

Martin Michálek

Mar 25, 2021, 10:22:45 AM3/25/21
to Andy Burns, mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

Andy Burns wrote:
> However if I click the "list all tabs" droplist at the end of the tabs
> bar, and then click the magnifying glass at the top, and type my
> search term in there, it seems to give results based on the title of
> the tabs
Clicking the magnifying glass just sends me to adress bar with % already
in it.

Andy Burns

Mar 25, 2021, 11:53:32 AM3/25/21
Martin Michálek wrote:

> Clicking the magnifying glass just sends me to adress bar with % already
> in it.
What exactly do you want searches to match?

parts of URL of tabs
parts of title of tabs
content of page of tabs