Media Autoplay

Michael

Feb 22, 2021, 2:35:27 PM2/22/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
I want to stop automatic playback of all videos on webpages . With
Chrome there is an extension called "Disable HTML5 Autoplay (Reloaded)
which worked well on Chrome browsers..

However I cannot find the "reloaded" extension for Firefox.

I did go into Firefox about:config and saw an item
"media.autoplay.default" . The value was set to 5 for some reason.

Can someone advise if this can be altered to achieve what I want or is
their another extension ?

Thanks.

Michael

EnDeeGee

Feb 22, 2021, 3:11:39 PM2/22/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Is this what you are looking for?
Disable HTML5 Autoplay

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-CA/firefox/addon/disable-autoplay/

EnDeeGee

Feb 22, 2021, 3:45:19 PM2/22/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Forgot to mentions that when you go to options you have the same as the
Chrome reloaded.

😉 Good Guy 😉

Feb 22, 2021, 4:22:23 PM2/22/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

<https://blog.mozilla.org/firefox/stop-video-autoplay/>

--

With over 1.2 billion devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Andrei Z.

Feb 23, 2021, 1:55:26 AM2/23/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Allow or block media autoplay in Firefox - Firefox Help

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-autoplay

Michael

Feb 23, 2021, 5:10:46 AM2/23/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Thanks for replying but I have already been through the block
audio/video settings in Firefox and have them set to block, but I have
limited success with it.

Michael

Feb 23, 2021, 5:19:42 AM2/23/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Thanks for your reply. Looking at the reviews for the extension I cannot
instal it based on the reviews many people have left.

Andrei Z.

Feb 23, 2021, 6:05:30 AM2/23/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
From
https://www.ghacks.net/2019/06/18/block-autoplaying-video-and-audio-in-firefox-69-natively/

Starting in Firefox 69, about:config parameters changed in regards to
Firefox's autoplay blocking behavior.

media.autoplay.default
• Value 5: Block audio and video
• Value 1: Block audio
• Value 0: allow

media.autoplay.block-webaudio
• Value True: Block
• Value False: Allow

media.autoplay.enabled.user-gestures-needed
• Value True: Require user interaction
• Value False: Don't require user interaction

Removed:
• media.autoplay.enabled
• media.autoplay.allow-muted

EnDeeGee

Feb 23, 2021, 8:08:43 AM2/23/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
You trust "Reviews"? The only review I trust is my own because reviews
are mostly BS.
It has exactly the same options has the Chrome extension.
As they say to "each is own".

Personally I don't even look at reviews. First I install an extension to
try and if I don't like the way it works I remove it.
What's good for the Goose is not always good for the Gander. :-)