Killing Lockwise in Firefox 70

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Oct 24, 2019, 11:24:01 AM10/24/19
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org

I could not find it in add-ons. How can I disable or even remove it?

Well, I do NOT need any tools to remember nor collect passwords.

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
¤£­É¶U! ¤£¶BÄF! ¤£½ä¿ú! ¤£´©¥æ! ¤£¥´¥æ! ¤£¥´§T! ¤£¦Û±þ! ¤£¨D¯«!
½Ð¦Ò¼{ºî´© (CSSA):

EnDeeGee

Oct 24, 2019, 11:49:55 AM10/24/19
On 24-Oct-2019 11:23, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

> I could not find it in add-ons. How can I disable or even remove it?
>
> Well, I do NOT need any tools to remember nor collect passwords.

You must have a Firefox Account so that you can access Lockwise.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-lockwise-managing-account-data

WaltS48

Oct 24, 2019, 1:17:14 PM10/24/19
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Not really since Firefox 70.

"Firefox Lockwise is built into Firefox 70 and over."

REF:
<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/manage-passwords-firefox-desktop-firefox-lockwise>
and <https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/70.0/releasenotes/>

The user just has to disable the settings for saving and auto-filling
logins.

I like that it now has a password generator.

To access it type 'about:preferences#privacy' then scroll down to the
Logins and Passwords heading and click 'Saved Passwords'.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

WaltS48

Oct 24, 2019, 1:19:12 PM10/24/19
On 10/24/19 11:23 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:

> I could not find it in add-ons. How can I disable or even remove it?
>
> Well, I do NOT need any tools to remember nor collect passwords.

Then disable it in Firefox under Options > Privacy & Security > Logins
and Passwords.

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Oct 25, 2019, 7:05:42 AM10/25/19
On 10/25/2019 1:19 AM, WaltS48 wrote:

> Then disable it in Firefox under Options > Privacy & Security > Logins
> and Passwords.

Would like to remove it, not a trace left. :)

WaltS48

Oct 25, 2019, 8:55:30 AM10/25/19
On 10/25/19 7:05 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 10/25/2019 1:19 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>
>> Then disable it in Firefox under Options > Privacy & Security > Logins
>> and Passwords.
>
> Would like to remove it, not a trace left.  :)

Build your own Firefox.

<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions>

Chris Ilias

Oct 25, 2019, 7:40:54 PM10/25/19
On 2019-10-25 7:05 a.m., Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 10/25/2019 1:19 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
>>
>> Then disable it in Firefox under Options > Privacy & Security > Logins
>> and Passwords.
>
> Would like to remove it, not a trace left.  :)

The password manager is not removable from Firefox. Is there a reason
why turning it off is not enough? Maybe we can provide a better solution.

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Oct 26, 2019, 10:52:19 AM10/26/19
On 10/25/2019 8:55 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

> Build your own Firefox.
>
> <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions>

Why isn't Lockwise just an optional add-on? Silly....

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Oct 26, 2019, 10:53:57 AM10/26/19
On 10/26/2019 7:40 AM, Chris Ilias wrote:

> The password manager is not removable from Firefox. Is there a reason
> why turning it off is not enough? Maybe we can provide a better solution.

I don't want accidents. I've never used built-in password managers in
browsers, never liked the idea at all. It's just silly and insecure.

That does NOT mean Lockwise was a bad password manager as a tool. Just
that I do not use that kind of tools.

Chris Ilias

Oct 26, 2019, 11:05:52 AM10/26/19
On 2019-10-26 10:53 a.m., Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
> On 10/26/2019 7:40 AM, Chris Ilias wrote:
>>
>> The password manager is not removable from Firefox. Is there a reason
>> why turning it off is not enough? Maybe we can provide a better solution.
>
> I don't want accidents. I've never used built-in password managers in
> browsers, never liked the idea at all. It's just silly and insecure.
>
> That does NOT mean Lockwise was a bad password manager as a tool. Just
> that I do not use that kind of tools.

I can assure you that all you need to do is turn it off, and no
accidents will occur. :)

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Oct 27, 2019, 10:33:43 AM10/27/19
On 10/26/2019 11:05 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:

> I can assure you that all you need to do is turn it off, and no
> accidents will occur. :)

You never know. Removing the module completely is better.