How do I move the Find Bars close X back where it belongs?

WaltS48

Mar 29, 2021, 10:22:38 AM3/29/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
In the Find Bar (Ctrl+F) of the Proton redesign of Firefox, the close
"x" has been moved from the right end to the left end.

How does a user put it back where it belongs.

--
OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop

Jeremy Nicoll

Mar 29, 2021, 10:37:58 AM3/29/21
to ML - mozilla-ff-firefox-support
On Mon, 29 Mar 2021, at 15:22, WaltS48 wrote:
> In the Find Bar (Ctrl+F) of the Proton redesign of Firefox, the close
> "x" has been moved from the right end to the left end.
>
> How does a user put it back where it belongs.

Interesting question! It's always annoyed me that the X was so far
from the search-argument entry field, so - to me - this sounds
like a big improvement!

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.

WaltS48

Mar 29, 2021, 11:12:16 AM3/29/21
On 3/29/21 10:37 AM, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2021, at 15:22, WaltS48 wrote:
>> In the Find Bar (Ctrl+F) of the Proton redesign of Firefox, the close
>> "x" has been moved from the right end to the left end.
>>
>> How does a user put it back where it belongs.
>
> Interesting question! It's always annoyed me that the X was so far
> from the search-argument entry field, so - to me - this sounds
> like a big improvement!

It is, but retraining my muscle memory hasn't kicked in yet.

So much is changing, I thought I would get the whiners a head start on
fixes that they can save for wherever they land on Monday, and when the
redesign is released. 😉

clay

Mar 31, 2021, 10:00:34 PM3/31/21
WaltS48 wrote:
> On 3/29/21 10:37 AM, Jeremy Nicoll wrote:
>> On Mon, 29 Mar 2021, at 15:22, WaltS48 wrote:
>>> In the Find Bar (Ctrl+F) of the Proton redesign of Firefox, the close
>>> "x" has been moved from the right end to the left end.
>>>
>>> How does a user put it back where it belongs.
>>
>> Interesting question! It's always annoyed me that the X was so far
>> from the search-argument entry field, so - to me - this sounds
>> like a big improvement!
>>
> It is, but retraining my muscle memory hasn't kicked in yet.
>
> So much is changing, I thought I would get the whiners a head start on
> fixes that they can save for wherever they land on Monday, and when the
> redesign is released. 😉

fwiw (and if you see this before the closing)

I use the Esc key to close the search bar.
If it's not active, a quick Ctrl+f followed by Esc (all left hand!)
nukes it.

WaltS48

Apr 1, 2021, 8:02:06 AM4/1/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
I'm primarily a mouse user, but do use Ctrl+F to open the Find Bar.

Thanks for the tip!