Website blocked due to phishing

micky

Feb 9, 2021, 12:53:33 AM2/9/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Website blocked due to phishing

Your Malwarebytes Premium blocked this website because it may be
phishing you.

We strongly recommend you do not continue.

---
Then when I said Go anyhow, I got...

Warning

You may be putting your online safety and system at risk by visiting
this site.

To continue to the suspicious website, you will have to add it to
Exclusions in your Malwarebytes program

--- They don't mess around. When iiuc it was Verizon who was warning
--- me, I'd just click and it would go. No exclusions to be written.

or you can contact your system administrator for assistance.

For complete instructions, visit Malwarebytes Support.

---------------------
Since I got Malware bytes I've gotten this once and 3 or 4 times the
threat of a trojan**

Once I went ahead anyhow with no trouble None of them seemed likely to
be trouble.

Is Malwarebytes too sensitive?

**I couldn't think of the word. All I could think of was Spartan or
vixen!!

B Barnett

Mar 3, 2021, 7:43:56 AM3/3/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
> Is Malwarebytes too sensitive?

Yes, Malware bytes can be too sensitive and give false positives. Use your discernment to decide if you want to go to the website.

micky

Mar 16, 2021, 12:43:35 AM3/16/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
In mozilla.support.firefox, on Wed, 3 Mar 2021 02:30:59 -0800 (PST), B
Barnett <wedding...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Is Malwarebytes too sensitive?
>
>Yes, Malware bytes can be too sensitive and give false positives. Use your discernment to decide if you want to go to the website.

Thanks. I do have some discernment so I'll use it.

It's not that hard to make an exception because clicking on the message
takes you to their Exception list.

(I still haven't installed the newer version of agent, so I have two
instances of it, one for mozilla, and if I'm very busy, I may not read
mozilla promptly. I hope that doesn't annoy anyome, and that you see
this anyhow .)

R.Wieser

Mar 16, 2021, 4:31:46 AM3/16/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
micky,

>>Yes, Malware bytes can be too sensitive and give false positives.
> Use your discernment to decide if you want to go to the website.
>
> Thanks. I do have some discernment so I'll use it.

You might also think of setting up a profile with stricter protections [1]
and use that to access that (untrusted) website.

[1] possibly including disabeling JS altogether or more selectable thru an
add-on like NoScript, and/or by not allowing third-party content to be
accessed by using an add-on like RequestPolicy.

In such cases I often first use a tool to download the raw HTML content and
use a plain-text editor to see if I can get my info that way.

> It's not that hard to make an exception because clicking
> on the message takes you to their Exception list.

I've found so little info about what that exception list actually does (in
the browser itself or thru googeling) or how to manage it [2] that I've
refrained from using it at all. :-\

[2] no idea how easy it is to remove an exception, or if-and-how I can set a
time-limited one (like as possible with cookies, only valid upto the end of
the current session).

Regards,
Rudy Wieser