Firefox v86's print...

Ant

Feb 23, 2021, 10:18:47 PM2/23/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
I just upgraded Firefoxes to v86. However, I still don't see its preview
in macOSes and my decade old 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC's still looks the same
for its printing and its previewing. Am I missing something?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)
--
CNY (Metal Ox)! Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is
required to see this signature correctly.
| |o o| | Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
\ _ / Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
( )

Andy Burns

Feb 24, 2021, 4:16:36 AM2/24/21
Ant wrote:

> I just upgraded Firefoxes to v86. However, I still don't see its preview
> in macOSes and my decade old 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC's still looks the same
> for its printing and its previewing. Am I missing something?

You shouldn't need to, but have you altered the
"print.tab_modal.enabled" setting in about:config ?

Andrei Z.

Feb 24, 2021, 6:08:46 AM2/24/21
Ant wrote:
> I just upgraded Firefoxes to v86. However, I still don't see its preview
> in macOSes and my decade old 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC's still looks the same
> for its printing and its previewing. Am I missing something?
>
> Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)

Am I the only Mac user disappointed with Firefox 86's "improved Print
functionality?"

https://support.mozilla.org/ru/questions/1326958#answer-1394163

"The new print experience has been getting turned on gradually for
different groups of users through the Normandy system. That's the same
system used to distribute Studies, in case you might have disabled those."

WaltS48

Feb 24, 2021, 8:09:48 AM2/24/21
On 2/24/21 5:52 AM, Andrei Z. wrote:
Ant wrote:
I just upgraded Firefoxes to v86. However, I still don't see its preview in macOSes and my decade old 64-bit W7 HPE SP1 PC's still looks the same for its printing and its previewing. Am I missing something?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)

Am I the only Mac user disappointed with Firefox 86's "improved Print functionality?"

You don't have the "Print using the system dialog..." link in the dialog?

--
OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop

Andy Burns

Feb 24, 2021, 8:10:43 AM2/24/21
Andrei Z. wrote:

> https://support.mozilla.org/ru/questions/1326958#answer-1394163
>
> "The new print experience has been getting turned on gradually for
> different groups of users through the Normandy system. That's the same
> system used to distribute Studies, in case you might have disabled those."

I have "studies" disabled, but the normandy system still managed to
silently push the settings to my FF 85.x for the new print dialog.

Andrei Z.

Feb 24, 2021, 9:50:43 AM2/24/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Here
Firefox 86.0 on Linux Mint
app.normandy.enabled: false (by me)
app.shield.optoutstudies.enabled: false (by default)
print.tab_modal.enabled: false (by default)

print.tab_modal.enabled: true => new Print dialog

Ant

Feb 24, 2021, 1:16:45 PM2/24/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Nope. I never touched it. Shouldn't Mozilla set this to true for this
version for its users to see the new print?

Andy Burns

Feb 24, 2021, 2:36:46 PM2/24/21
Ant wrote:

> Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> have you altered the "print.tab_modal.enabled" setting in about:config ?
>
> Nope. I never touched it. Shouldn't Mozilla set this to true for this
> version for its users to see the new print?

Dunno if the upgrade would set it true, or just behave as though it was
set true anyway.

Wouldn't hurt to try setting it true ...