Background disk action

L...@its.invalid

Jul 29, 2006, 9:01:15 AM7/29/06
I recently changed the font size on my XP system after changing from 800
X 600 to next up screen
Now I hear the disk drive going like mad and the process doing it is
FF. What is going on??
I am very nervous about malware.

Lou

Nir

Jul 29, 2006, 9:09:30 AM7/29/06

first thing to say, Screen resolution has no connection with this problem .
Clear "Cache" & "cookies" (Tools >Options> Privacy )
Scan your system with AntiVirus software & Spyware softwares.

L...@its.invalid

Jul 29, 2006, 11:52:53 AM7/29/06
Nir wrote:

Did not think screen settings had anything to do with it, but that was last
change. Prior to that was FF automatic update.
Have done spyware, will do antivirus again - runs every night also. will clear
cache even though that slows down things for awhile. May do a defrag.

Lou

Tobias

Jul 30, 2006, 8:17:07 PM7/30/06
Got the same problem without changing any font size or screen res etc. Since
the last upgrade to version 1.5.0.5 my hd starts working like crazy as soon
as I start FF. After approximately one min it stops and everything goes back
to normal. I first thought about my firewall (kerio personal fw), but after
switching it off the problem still occures.

~Tobi

KY Lee

Jul 31, 2006, 1:59:07 AM7/31/06
Yeah I notice that as well after upgrade to 1.5.0.5.
Now my hd keep spinning as long as firefox is running.
Any idea how to stop this? or IE7 is the answer?

"Tobias" <Tobias.Z...@web.de> wrote in message

KY Lee

Jul 31, 2006, 2:33:54 AM7/31/06
Just an update.
I managed to get the disk spinning to stop once I have uninstall the google
toolbar extension.

hope this helps.

L...@its.invalid

Jul 31, 2006, 3:49:44 PM7/31/06
KY Lee wrote:

Bottom posting is preferred.
My system stopped that nonsense but I do not know why.

Lou

gato2005_cl

Jul 31, 2006, 9:03:23 PM7/31/06
L...@its.invalid escribió:

I have the same problem, continuosly disk operation, i installed the
full package and problem resolved.

Disable Google Toolbar if not resolved with the full installer.

Restarting my system was showing a XPCom:EventReceiver error, was google
or faulty update integration with the previous instalation of firefox.

Tobias

Aug 1, 2006, 5:36:44 AM8/1/06
uninstalling gooble toolbar did it. Everything's back to normal (rightclick
on google logo on the right side of the toolbar => help => uninstall)

"gato2005_cl" <misforos.c...@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag