New State Partitioning (Firefox ≥86) and Multi-Account Containers

Marius R

Mar 6, 2021, 11:03:49 AM3/6/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello,

After installing the 86.0 update (on macOS 10.15.7) today, I learned about the enhanced state partitioning in ETP Strict mode (per this Mozilla Blog Post: https://is.gd/AvrC7j ).

I use account containers to prevent tracking and "wall in" companies like Facebook, Microsoft and Google, on top of using ETP Strict mode and EFF's Privacy Badger, as well as auto-clearing cookies whenever I quit Firefox.

My question is: Does state partitioning now provide the same (or similar) level of tracking prevention (within one Firefox session) as the use of containers does? Does this effectively render containers redundant for tracking prevention purposes?

Thank you very much four your help and this great product!

Best,
Marius

Andrei Z.

Mar 7, 2021, 7:56:18 AM3/7/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Issue #1974 - Total Cookie Protection comparison

https://github.com/mozilla/multi-account-containers/issues/1974

WaltS48

Mar 7, 2021, 8:26:46 AM3/7/21
to mozilla-sup...@lists.mozilla.org
Too much reading for me.

I use Standard ETP and containers in my Firefox Nightly.

Have containers stopped working for those using Strict ETP and containers?

--
OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop

Andy Burns

Mar 7, 2021, 8:47:42 AM3/7/21
Andrei Z. wrote:

> https://github.com/mozilla/multi-account-containers/issues/1974