Can't use Costco 'Cart'

The Real Bev

Mar 31, 2014, 1:05:14 PM3/31/14
I tried to place an order several times, but when I clicked 'add to
cart' a box popped up with the unhelpful message "error". Both FF
27.0.1 and 28.0 for linux, with and without adblockplus. Everything
looked normal except for the error message. The woman on the phone
signed in for me and added the item to the cart, at which point I
completed the order myself with no problem.

I've placed 4 previous orders on-line (the last Dec 14 13) with no
problems. I tried to use konqueror, but there was no 'Add to Cart'
button. Live-in Consultant gloated that Chrome worked perfectly :-(

Anybody else experience similar problems?

--
Cheers, Bev (Registered Linux User 85683)
Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really

Ron Hunter

Mar 31, 2014, 1:28:15 PM3/31/14
On 3/31/2014 12:05 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> I tried to place an order several times, but when I clicked 'add to
> cart' a box popped up with the unhelpful message "error". Both FF
> 27.0.1 and 28.0 for linux, with and without adblockplus. Everything
> looked normal except for the error message. The woman on the phone
> signed in for me and added the item to the cart, at which point I
> completed the order myself with no problem.
>
> I've placed 4 previous orders on-line (the last Dec 14 13) with no
> problems. I tried to use konqueror, but there was no 'Add to Cart'
> button. Live-in Consultant gloated that Chrome worked perfectly :-(
>
> Anybody else experience similar problems?

I sometimes have trouble with online ordering systems and find that it
is often the way that they do the javascript for the input fields. Some
of them only work on IE for me.

»Q«

Mar 31, 2014, 1:41:46 PM3/31/14
In <news:H_-dnZ5yq-7WPaTO...@mozilla.org>,
The Real Bev <bashley...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to place an order several times, but when I clicked 'add to
> cart' a box popped up with the unhelpful message "error". Both FF
> 27.0.1 and 28.0 for linux, with and without adblockplus. Everything
> looked normal except for the error message. The woman on the phone
> signed in for me and added the item to the cart, at which point I
> completed the order myself with no problem.

I see the same in my usual profile, "error". In safe mode, no
problem. I'm sorry, I can't figure out what setting(s) and/or
extension(s) cause it. If you post your list of extensions, I'll see
what we have in common.

The Real Bev

Apr 1, 2014, 2:02:08 AM4/1/14
Well, you asked... I deleted the disabled ones from the list. I wish
I'd thought of safe mode, but I panicked!

Last updated: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 05:55:12 GMT

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/28.0

*** Extensions (enabled: 73, disabled: 52; total: 125)
Abduction! 3.5.0
about:me 0.7
Adblock Plus 2.5.1
Add Bookmark Here ² 23.0.20140225
Add-on Compatibility Reporter 2.0.3
Autofill 3.6
Awesome screenshot: Capture and Annotate 2.4.3
CacheViewer 0.8
CacheViewer Continued 0.9.4
Calculator 1.1.31
ChatZilla 0.9.90.1
ColorZilla 2.8.1
Complete YouTube Saver 5.2.1
Cookies Manager+ 1.5.2
DeSopa 1.4
DoNotTrackMe: Online Privacy Protection 3.2.1072
DownloadHelper 4.9.22
Embedded Objects 2.9
Enhanced History Manager 0.5.8.05.1
EPUBReader 1.4.2.4
Extended Copy Menu 1.6.1
Extended Copy Menu (fix version) 1.6.1c
Extension List Dumper 1.15.2
Facebook Sort-By-Date 0.91
FDislike 3.3
FireFTP 2.0.18
Flash and Video Download 1.52
Flat Bookmarks 1.11
G++ 2.4
Google Translator for Firefox 2.1.0.3
Greasemonkey 1.15
gui:config 1.2.2
HTTPS-Everywhere 3.4.5
Image Zoom 0.6.3
InfoLister 0.10.4a3
Lightbeam 1.0.9
MAFIAAFire Redirector 0.9d
mediaplayerconnectivity 0.9.4
MiroIt 1.2.5
MyPoints Score! 1.2.1
NewScrollbars (aka NoiaScrollbars) 1.2.1
Nightly Tester Tools 3.7
NO Google Analytics 0.6
Noia 4 Theme Manager 1.8.9
Novell Moonlight 3.99.0.3
Password Exporter 1.2.1
Password Save 0.5
Personas Plus 1.7.3
Photobucket Uploader 1.3.9
Picnik 2.3
Pocket 3.0.4
Print Edit 11.4
Reader 4.4
Remember Passwords 1.1
ReminderFox 2.1.4.2
Restore Scroll Position 0.5.9.11
SchedTimer 0.1.20130327
Show Password 1.7
Social Fixer 9.0
Status-4-Evar 2013.10.31.22
Stylish 1.4.2
Tab Mix Plus 0.4.1.3.1
Theme Font & Size Changer 7.7
Toggle Private Browsing 1.8
Toolbar Buttons 1.0
Tree Style Tab 0.14.2014020901
Unhide Passwords 1.2.7.0
Update Channel Selector 1.6.1
User Agent Switcher 0.7.3
Vertical Bookmarks Toolbar 4.0.14
ViewAbout 2.0.1
Youtube AutoPlay Stopper 1.0.7
Youtube MP3 Podcaster 3.2.8

*** Themes (18)
Aeon Clouds
Azerty II
Brauserix
cosmicrhino
Crystal Dream
Groovy Blue
iFox
ifox Orange
In the Sky
Metal Lion
Mostly Crystal
Noia 2.0 (eXtreme)
Noia 4 [selected]
Saferfox Xpanded
Sky Clouds
spiritual world
Yosemite

*** Plugins
Adobe Reader 9.4
Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible
MozPlugger 1.14.4 handles QuickTime and Windows Media Player Plugin
Picasa
Shockwave Flash
Silverlight Plug-In
Skype Buttons for Kopete

--
Cheers,
Bev

»Q«

Apr 1, 2014, 3:13:12 AM4/1/14
In <news:hoSdnfmH37z9y6fO...@mozilla.org>,
The Real Bev <bashley...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/31/2014 10:41 AM, »Q« wrote:
>
> > In <news:H_-dnZ5yq-7WPaTO...@mozilla.org>,
> > The Real Bev <bashley...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I tried to place an order several times, but when I clicked 'add to
> >> cart' a box popped up with the unhelpful message "error". Both FF
> >> 27.0.1 and 28.0 for linux, with and without adblockplus.
> >> Everything looked normal except for the error message. The woman
> >> on the phone signed in for me and added the item to the cart, at
> >> which point I completed the order myself with no problem.
> >
> > I see the same in my usual profile, "error". In safe mode, no
> > problem. I'm sorry, I can't figure out what setting(s) and/or
> > extension(s) cause it. If you post your list of extensions, I'll
> > see what we have in common.
>
> Well, you asked... I deleted the disabled ones from the list. I
> wish I'd thought of safe mode, but I panicked!

> *** Extensions (enabled: 73, disabled: 52; total: 125)

> Extension List Dumper 1.15.2

In case you ever have to do it again, EL Dumper has a button to list
only enabled ones.

You have 73 enabled and I have 78, but we have only 7 in common.
Of those, we'd already ruled out ABP, which left only one likely
candidate ...

> HTTPS-Everywhere 3.4.5

... and that was it.

The Real Bev

Apr 2, 2014, 3:48:34 AM4/2/14
Nifty, I'll kill it when I see problems, or maybe just kill it period.
Do we really need https everywhere? It sounds good, of course...

--
Cheers, Bev

Message has been deleted