No back button, no autocomplete

TLGeorge

Sep 29, 2008, 3:36:19 PM9/29/08
Hello all,

I installed FF3 the other day and it really is a nice piece of kit on the
face of it. The problem is, I don't know if I have unticked something or
what, but the lovely autocomplete system is no longer working, when I click
on a hyperlink it doesn't update in the address bar, it just stays on the
previous link typed in, whenever I do click a link, I can't go back, the
button is greyed out. I have also noticed that the Software Updater is
struggling to download files.

My firewall isn't blocking it, does anyone have any idea as to what might
have gone wrong? Any idea how I can rollback? Maybe I should just try a
fresh reinstall?

Any help sincerely appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Thomas George

EE

Sep 29, 2008, 6:13:59 PM9/29/08

I would try a fresh profile rather than a fresh application
installation. If you do, be sure to back up your bookmarks first. You
might want to check this page first:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_%28Firefox%29

Chris Ilias

Sep 29, 2008, 9:09:52 PM9/29/08
On 9/29/08 3:36 PM, _TLGeorge_ spoke thusly:

Are you using Norton 360? See
<http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Bookmarks+and+toolbar+buttons+not+working+after+upgrading>.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>

TLGeorge

Sep 30, 2008, 3:02:57 PM9/30/08
Thanks for the link Chris but I don't actually use Norton.

EE, thanks very much for your advice concerning the new profile, brought up
command prompt and did the necessary and it worked a treat.

Thanks to people like yourselves who make the lives of me and others in a
similar situation that little bit easier!

Thomas

"TLGeorge" <nor...@t-george.co.uk> wrote in message