mp3 tube toolbar search

Terry McAdoo

Dec 20, 2010, 7:31:00 PM12/20/10
Wow. I'm pretty up on how annoying computers can be--cuz, well, I
have one. However, I have never seen something so durably annoying as
this thing.

I've had the same homepage for a long time. I like it. I do not wish
to change it. But, on a common yet arbitrary basis, my homepage will
magically change to this:

http://mp3tubetoolbarsearch.com/?tmp=toolbar_Mp3Tube_homepage&prt=pinballtb04ff&clid=94221a49204b44b2a967e4aeccc32ec1&subid=

Perhaps I've brought this irritation on myself. I am always keen to
look for new Firefox add-ons amongst other cool stuff. And,
therefore, I occasionally let one in that has some level of
obnoxiousness. That said, I'll further say that I cannot for my soul
find a way to get rid of this.

I think my most recent pet peeve is for my computer to do things I
can't control or stop. Perhaps I'm a control freak.

Enough ranting. While I've disabled almost every add on, hunted and
uninstalled all applications that even hint at being the culprit, and
reset my homepage through tools-->options several times, it
persists.

Can anyone tell me where i find all of the tendrils this flickin thing
has dug into my computer? I really just want it to go away, and to
know where i got this parasite so I can be sure to never allow it on
my computer again.

OK. That's my issue. I still love Firefox and have no plans of
switching browsers. Yet, I'd surely like to get rid of this
annoyance.

Thanx,

Pete Holsberg

Dec 20, 2010, 8:12:08 PM12/20/10
to support...@lists.mozilla.org
Did you remove the MP3 Toolbar??

Terry McAdoo has written on 12/20/2010 7:31 PM:

Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Senility Prayer
God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
the good fortune to run into the ones that I do,
and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Terry R.

Dec 21, 2010, 10:01:07 AM12/21/10
On 12/20/2010 4:31 PM On a whim, Terry McAdoo pounded out on the keyboard

Hi Terry,

From the page below, it doesn't sound like it should be that hard. See
if you missed anything:
http://mp3tubetoolbarsearch.com/?tmp=toolbar_mp3tube_privacy

You may have to contact them at the email at the bottom if the issue
persists.

Report back,

Terry R.

gatocl.maipu

Dec 21, 2010, 1:09:46 PM12/21/10
Usually when you uninstall a extensions settings remains in the pref.js