No calendars listed, events appear dimmed

gdso...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2019, 9:56:14 AM12/14/19
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Since couple of weeks I'm Having problems with Lightning. I'm using Thunderbird 68.3.0 with Lightning 68.2.1 and all my calendars are from Google. Most of the time after I start Thunderbird the calendars are not listed, the events appear dimmed and the daily agenda on the right is empty. I cannot make any modifications to calendar events, no notifications are generated, so calendar is pretty dysfunctional. Initially I though it's a problem with Provider, but I think it's more related to Lightning. In the console I have many such errors:

[Exception... "[JavaScript Error: "currentView(...).startDay is null" {file: "chrome://calendar/content/calFilter.js" line: 513}]'[JavaScript Error: "currentView(...).startDay is null" {file: "chrome://calendar/content/calFilter.js" line: 513}]' when calling method: [calIObserver::onEndBatch]" nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame :: resource://calendar/modules/utils/calDataUtils.jsm :: notify :: line 40" data: yes]
STACK: notify@resource://calendar/modules/utils/calDataUtils.jsm:40:23
notify@resource://calendar/modules/utils/calDataUtils.jsm:68:18
onEndBatch@jar:file:///C:/Users/gsotirov/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/gsotirov/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D.xpi!/components/calCompositeCalendar.js:32:34
onEndBatch@resource://calendar/calendar-js/calCachedCalendar.js:62:26
notify@resource://calendar/modules/utils/calDataUtils.jsm:40:23
notify@resource://calendar/modules/utils/calDataUtils.jsm:68:18
endBatch@resource://calendar/modules/utils/calProviderUtils.jsm:539:27
replayChangesOn/<@jar:file:///C:/Users/gsotirov/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/gsotirov/extensions/%7Ba62ef8ec-5fdc-40c2-873c-223b8a6925cc%7D.xpi!/components/calGoogleCalendar.js:794:34
calDataUtils.jsm:43
notify resource://calendar/modules/utils/calDataUtils.jsm:43
notify resource://calendar/modules/utils/calDataUtils.jsm:68
onEndBatch jar:file:///C:/Users/gsotirov/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/gsotirov/extensions/{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}.xpi!/components/calCompositeCalendar.js:32
notify resource://calendar/modules/utils/calDataUtils.jsm:40
notify resource://calendar/modules/utils/calDataUtils.jsm:68
onEndBatch resource://calendar/calendar-js/calCachedCalendar.js:62
notify resource://calendar/modules/utils/calDataUtils.jsm:40
notify resource://calendar/modules/utils/calDataUtils.jsm:68
endBatch resource://calendar/modules/utils/calProviderUtils.jsm:539
replayChangesOn jar:file:///C:/Users/gsotirov/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/gsotirov/extensions/{a62ef8ec-5fdc-40c2-873c-223b8a6925cc}.xpi!/components/calGoogleCalendar.js:794

Anyone having similar problems?

WaltS48

Dec 14, 2019, 10:18:50 AM12/14/19
On 12/14/19 5:09 AM, gdso...@gmail.com wrote:
> Since couple of weeks I'm Having problems with Lightning. I'm using Thunderbird 68.3.0 with Lightning 68.2.1 and all my calendars are from Google. Most of the time after I start Thunderbird the calendars are not listed, the events appear dimmed and the daily agenda on the right is empty. I cannot make any modifications to calendar events, no notifications are generated, so calendar is pretty dysfunctional. Initially I though it's a problem with Provider, but I think it's more related to Lightning.

<snip>

> Anyone having similar problems?

In my 68.3.0 my Lightning is version 68.3.0 and the Provider extension
is version 68.2.1.

I'm not having any problem.

You should be able to update to Lightning 68.3.0 using "Check for
Updates" from the gear wheel icon in the Add-ons Manager. There doesn't
appear to be a version 68.3.0 for the Provider extension.

Do you have other calendar extensions installed that could be causing a
problem? Try disabling them and restart Thunderbird.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop

pastpar...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2019, 4:19:58 PM12/14/19
On Saturday, 14 December 2019 15:56:14 UTC+1, gdso...@gmail.com wrote:
> Since couple of weeks I'm Having problems with Lightning. I'm using Thunderbird 68.3.0 with Lightning 68.2.1 and all my calendars are from Google. Most of the time after I start Thunderbird the calendars are not listed, the events appear dimmed and the daily agenda on the right is empty. I cannot make any modifications to calendar events, no notifications are generated, so calendar is pretty dysfunctional. Initially I though it's a problem with Provider, but I think it's more related to Lightning. >
[...]
> Anyone having similar problems?

Yes, me and I fear many others.
I've been through the same reasoning as you, and have also come to the concludion that it's a Lightning problem, possibly associated with the presence of other add-ons.
I'm seeing a lot of errors in the console too, in particular, identical with yours:

[Exception... "[JavaScript Error: "currentView(...).startDay is null" {file: "chrome://calendar/content/calFilter.js" line: 513}]'[JavaScript Error: "currentView(...).startDay is null" {file: "chrome://calendar/content/calFilter.js" line: 513}]' when calling method: [calIObserver::onEndBatch]" nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)" location: "JS frame :: resource://calendar/modules/utils/calDataUtils.jsm :: notify :: line 40" data: yes]

@WaltS48 - I'm using same versions as you, TB 68.3.0, Lightning 68.3.0 and Provider for Google calendar 68.2.1.

I'm able to get both to work, by removing them and then adding them again. But Lightning will not survive a re-launch of TB. Until recently it did, but now it gets broken every time I exit TB. So I don't exit TB unless I really need to (hibernating in Windows).

lhar...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2020, 6:50:41 AM3/4/20
On Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 3:19:58 PM UTC-6, pastpar...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, 14 December 2019 15:56:14 UTC+1, gdso...@gmail.com wrote:
> [...]
>
> @WaltS48 - I'm using same versions as you, TB 68.3.0, Lightning 68.3.0 and Provider for Google calendar 68.2.1.
>
> I'm able to get both to work, by removing them and then adding them again. But Lightning will not survive a re-launch of TB. Until recently it did, but now it gets broken every time I exit TB. So I don't exit TB unless I really need to (hibernating in Windows).

Suggestion: Go to the Calendar tab. Have you chosen 'events in current view' as your events list filter? If so, try selecting anything else, such as 'events in this calendar month'. Then close and re-open TB. That seems to restore display and function of the calendar, events, etc (permanently). Well, it's a workaround at least. I would very much like to use the 'events in current view' filter, so hopefully it can be fixed.

przemysla...@gmail.com

May 20, 2020, 11:04:01 AM5/20/20
W dniu środa, 4 marca 2020 12:50:41 UTC+1 użytkownik lhar...@gmail.com napisał:

> Suggestion: Go to the Calendar tab. Have you chosen 'events in current view' as your events list filter? If so, try selecting anything else, such as 'events in this calendar month'. Then close and re-open TB. That seems to restore display and function of the calendar, events, etc (permanently). Well, it's a workaround at least. I would very much like to use the 'events in current view' filter, so hopefully it can be fixed.

This suggestion resolve the problem with calendar list.

Gulliver Twist

Jul 2, 2020, 7:47:53 AM7/2/20
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
> Suggestion: Go to the Calendar tab. Have you chosen 'events in current view' as your events list filter? If so, try selecting anything else, such as 'events in this calendar month'. Then close and re-open TB. That seems to restore display and function of the calendar, events, etc (permanently). Well, it's a workaround at least. I would very much like to use the 'events in current view' filter, so hopefully it can be fixed.

Thanks so much for that workaround! Works for me.