I am unable to get Lightening to work at all after installation

Susan Bradley

Mar 22, 2020, 1:41:37 PM3/22/20
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Thunderbird says Lightening is installed, but it has not made any changes and is not visible under ad ons. Have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall, restarted etc. Nothing :(

WaltS48

Mar 22, 2020, 8:45:00 PM3/22/20
On 3/22/20 1:38 PM, Susan Bradley wrote:
> Thunderbird says Lightening is installed, but it has not made any changes and is not visible under ad ons. Have tried several times to uninstall and reinstall, restarted etc. Nothing :(

We could some more information Susan since there are many versions of
Thunderbird and Lightning.

What version of Thunderbird are you using?

In Thunderbird 68.6.0 Lightning is bundled as an extension.

Starting with Thunderbird 74 it is integrated into Thunderbird and no
longer an extension.

See if this helps
<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/calendar-updates-issues-thunderbird>

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/