Sunbird - "attach" it to Thunderbird

me...@cyvest.com

Nov 25, 2007, 1:46:07 AM11/25/07
Hello --

In the bottom left corner of Thunderbird are two icons ... "Mail" and
"Calendar".
I don't remember what I did to have the Calendar icon appear in TB.

When I click Calendar I see a calendar that looks like the Sunbird I
have
been using standalone.

The top bar says "November 2007 - Thunderbird".
The standalone Sunbird's top bar says "November 2007 - Sunbird".

Can anyone tell me if I can replace the Thunderbird calendar with the
Sunbird I have been using standalone?

Thanks for any help or information.

Larry Mehl

Frank Winkler

Nov 25, 2007, 2:25:43 AM11/25/07
mehlREM...@cyvest.com wrote:

>I don't remember what I did to have the Calendar icon appear in TB.

You installed Lightning, the calendar plugin for TB.

>Can anyone tell me if I can replace the Thunderbird calendar with the
>Sunbird I have been using standalone?

You can use them in parallel.

Regards

fw

me...@cyvest.com

Nov 25, 2007, 3:48:37 PM11/25/07
On Nov 24, 11:25 pm, Frank Winkler <frank-use...@kfw-family.org>
wrote:

fw --

Thanks for responding.

I only need one calendar. Can I do one of the following:

1 - Import my Sunbird calendar into Lightning and use Lightning for my
calendar
or
2 - connect Sunbird to Thunderbird and disconnect Lightning from
Thunderbird

Thanks for any further information.

Larry

Christopher Jahn

Nov 25, 2007, 5:45:40 PM11/25/07
"mehlREM...@cyvest.com" <me...@cyvest.com> wrote in
s.com:

Lightning and Sunbird are developed together: Sunbird is
STANDALONE. Lightning bundles into Thunderbird. Thunder and
Lightning, get it?

Install Lightning, and you can import your Sunbird settings.

--
}:-) Christopher Jahn
{:-( http://manormaniac.blogspot.com/

Death is Nature's way of saying 'slow down'.

Simon Paquet

Nov 25, 2007, 6:13:29 PM11/25/07
And on the seventh day mehlREM...@cyvest.com spoke:

>Thanks for responding.
>
>I only need one calendar. Can I do one of the following:
>
>1 - Import my Sunbird calendar into Lightning and use Lightning for my
> calendar

Just export your calendar into an .ics file and import that file in
Lightning.

Simon
--
Calendar l10n coordinator
Calendar Website Maintainer: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar

me...@cyvest.com

Nov 25, 2007, 7:40:59 PM11/25/07
On Nov 25, 3:13 pm, Simon Paquet <si...@gmx.de> wrote:
> And on the seventh day mehlREMOVET...@cyvest.com spoke:

Christopher and Simon --

Thank you. I imported the Sunbird-exported calendar into Lightning.

Can you tell me how to view (in Lightning's left-hand frame below the
month's calendar) the list of tasks?
I can see the option on the Calendar menu > View > Show tasks in
Calendar. I want to see the list also, if possible.

Larry

Christopher Jahn

Nov 25, 2007, 10:11:20 PM11/25/07
"mehlREM...@cyvest.com" <me...@cyvest.com> wrote in
.com:

> Thank you. I imported the Sunbird-exported calendar into
> Lightning.
>
> Can you tell me how to view (in Lightning's left-hand frame
> below the month's calendar) the list of tasks?
> I can see the option on the Calendar menu > View > Show tasks
> in Calendar. I want to see the list also, if possible.

I don't use this feature, but I know it appears to the right of
the Mail window.

--
}:-) Christopher Jahn
{:-( http://manormaniac.blogspot.com/

She has a really opulent body; just ripe for dissecting.

James

Nov 30, 2007, 11:44:16 AM11/30/07
Christopher Jahn wrote:
> "mehlREM...@cyvest.com" <me...@cyvest.com> wrote in
> .com:
>
>> Thank you. I imported the Sunbird-exported calendar into
>> Lightning.
>>
>> Can you tell me how to view (in Lightning's left-hand frame
>> below the month's calendar) the list of tasks?
>> I can see the option on the Calendar menu > View > Show tasks
>> in Calendar. I want to see the list also, if possible.
>
> I don't use this feature, but I know it appears to the right of
> the Mail window.

You indicated the calendar is in the lower left corner of the screen.
The most recent TB is now placing it on the right side of your screen
taking a full vertical frame. The date is at the top with your to-do
and tasks lists below. There is a small drop down arrow to the right of
the date that will reveal a small pop up of the full month. While I
preferred the former view you apparently are looking at it is no more.
The current version should give you the features you are looking for.

James

James

Nov 30, 2007, 11:45:46 AM11/30/07
Christopher Jahn wrote:
> "mehlREM...@cyvest.com" <me...@cyvest.com> wrote in
> .com:
>
>> Thank you. I imported the Sunbird-exported calendar into
>> Lightning.
>>
>> Can you tell me how to view (in Lightning's left-hand frame
>> below the month's calendar) the list of tasks?
>> I can see the option on the Calendar menu > View > Show tasks
>> in Calendar. I want to see the list also, if possible.
>
> I don't use this feature, but I know it appears to the right of
> the Mail window.

I'm sorry I said the current TB and I believe it should be the current
Lightning. Both should be updated in any case.

James