Thunderbird and Google Calendar

Hugues Fritsch

Jun 27, 2020, 9:54:57 AM6/27/20
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello

I try to reconfigure the synchronization of Google Calendar with Thunderbird but impossible to add my account the authentication window loop on the input of the identifier the add-ons Ligtnening and Google Calendar are installed. I also have the test with Tbsync and Caldav same result I have no more idea and you?

Thanks for youre Help
Hugues

WaltS48

Jun 27, 2020, 10:41:17 AM6/27/20
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Trying to reconfigure synchronization using what version of Thunderbird
on what operating system?

Using the Provider for Google Calendar extension?

The Google sign-in doesn't complete to "Allow" you continue. What fails
password or username? You probably have a typo in the entries you type.

Just tested adding Google CalDAV calendar to TB 78.0b4 release candidate
on Win10 and Ubuntu Linux without any problems.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

Benjamin M. Allen

Jul 31, 2020, 7:40:51 AM7/31/20
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Could you describe HOW to add a Google CalDAV calendar to TB78? All I'm finding is iCal info (which seems to be read only).

WaltS48

Jul 31, 2020, 8:01:32 AM7/31/20
On 7/30/20 3:56 PM, Benjamin M. Allen wrote:
> On Saturday, June 27, 2020 at 7:41:17 AM UTC-7, WaltS48 wrote:
>> On 6/27/20 9:28 AM, Hugues Fritsch wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I try to reconfigure the synchronization of Google Calendar with Thunderbird but impossible to add my account the authentication window loop on the input of the identifier the add-ons Ligtnening and Google Calendar are installed. I also have the test with Tbsync and Caldav same result I have no more idea and you?
>>>
>>> Thanks for youre Help
>>> Hugues
>>>
>> Trying to reconfigure synchronization using what version of Thunderbird
>> on what operating system?
>>
>> Using the Provider for Google Calendar extension?
>>
>> The Google sign-in doesn't complete to "Allow" you continue. What fails
>> password or username? You probably have a typo in the entries you type.
>>
>> Just tested adding Google CalDAV calendar to TB 78.0b4 release candidate
>> on Win10 and Ubuntu Linux without any problems.
>>

> Could you describe HOW to add a Google CalDAV calendar to TB78? All I'm finding is iCal info (which seems to be read only).

My understanding is that a Provider for Google Calendar extension is in
progress for 78.0.

I also thought the developers are working on auto-discovery of network
calendars.

Anyway here are the instructions for adding a Google CalDAV calendar.

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1261974>