Lightning calendar is empty after restoring calendar-data from backup

Jill Miller

Feb 11, 2020, 10:18:56 PM2/11/20
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Using T-bird 68.4.1 on Ubuntu Linux 19.10.
I recently had to reinstall my system. I restored my .thunderbird profile from my backup and made sure the xxxxxxx.default file was named appropriately, but the calendar remains completely unpopulated.
I added an appointment to the calendar to make sure I was using the right one, verified that the file date had changed, exited T-bird, copied the contents of calendar-data into that folder again, reopened T-bird, and the calendar is again totally empty. That proves I did the copy correctly because it lost the appointment I'd added.

Note: Unfortunately, I cannot resync from the cloud because I've only been using Lightning stand-alone.

Is this a known problem?

Is there some other file I need to restore to make the calendar work?

Thank you for any help. I've been bashing my heead against this wall for three days!

Jill Miller

Feb 17, 2020, 10:16:01 AM2/17/20
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Has no one experienced a similar problem? We are baffled here and hurting with no calendar available and all records of upcoming appointments unreachable!

apdepe...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2020, 6:47:56 AM3/3/20
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello,
I am experiencing the same problem:
Lost the link to the original server based calendar.
Continued using the local calendar.
Saved an .ics file for import into new server based calendar.
BUT, only events prior to loss of connection to server based calendar appear. Anything after is not saved.
What to do? :[