Not clear enough we're in offline mode

mark...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2020, 7:47:22 AM6/17/20
to mozilla-supp...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello,

I have spent an hour researching why I was not seeing things that colleagues put on my calendar. Turns out Lightning was not connecting to the server at all -- it failed on an internal hostname (that the rest of Thunderbird, strangely, works with -- is there a separate resolver in Lightning...?).

I understand that Lightning then goes into offline mode and continues to register whatever I put on it.

However, now I've had to delete my calendar (to change the URL to use the IP address of the Davical server), and so lost everything I've done since whenever this problem started occurring.

So my suggestion is: make it a little clearer when the user is in offline mode. I hadn't noticed, for weeks.

Meanwhile I hope I won't be missing too many appointments. :)