Mozilla is turning into shit

82 views
Skip to first unread message

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Aug 27, 2018, 7:21:02 AM8/27/18
to
Sorry for this but Ive been provoked.

Ive been silenced 2 fuckin times on discourse.mozilla. Why? Because I voiced my views. Oh yes. Just this. These views were (and still are) extremely critical.

Its not only my views - its enough to browse Google for phrases like 'mozilla fiasco' or 'bookmarks mozilla' or 'webextensions mozilla' to read how furious people are.

Its somehow normal that product can generate both positive and negative feedback; what infuriates me (as well as others) is stupidity of Mozilla team that (purposedly) ignores user feedback.

And they do not know how to handle criticism - oh yes they will jump on me now that people are welcomed to criticise.... fucking bullshit. In reality as soon as one criticises Mozilla, his/hers account is silenced...... just because.

What developers care about? Bullshit like meeting via VR. Oh yes = in the work-time. And they are paid developers.

I - for one - have been using Mozilla products (FF & Thunderbird) ever since its first stable releases. Some 2 weeks ago I completetely removed both of them from every computer in my company as well as every handheld device distributed in my company. I also removed everything Mozilla-0related from my personal devices.

I did it to protest against direction Mozilla is going :: its turning into SHIT.
NO MORE MOZILLA products EVER. And there are well over 1k laptops in my company. Twice this much of handhelds.

Sorry Mozilla - lost all faith and what's more important - respect.

Wes Garland

unread,
Aug 27, 2018, 8:13:52 AM8/27/18
to annajawor...@gmail.com, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
I only have one question.........what kind of company gives a person who
speaks like you sufficient authority to unilaterally make changes on 3,000
desktops in order to satisfy a personal vendetta? I'd like to short their
stock.

Wes
> _______________________________________________
> mozillians mailing list
> mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozillians
>



--
Wesley W. Garland
Director, Product Development
PageMail, Inc.
+1 613 542 2787 x 102

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Aug 27, 2018, 9:06:10 AM8/27/18
to
Im the haed of IT department. And it was our collaborative decision not mine personally. So its not personal vendetta; we decided to switch from Mozilla because, with every recent update, FF became less and less usable (meaning stripped from basic features like usable bookmarks, extensions, search ability etc etc).

Rubén Martín

unread,
Sep 21, 2018, 8:24:03 AM9/21/18
to annajawor...@gmail.com, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
You can disagree, you can be angry with changes but if you engage in
this aggressive form nobody is going to take your opinion serious, be
respectful.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/policies/participation/

If you are still interested in having a civil conversation about your
disagreements on product direction, I invite you to write again over
discourse, you are not the first person disagreeing and everyone
following our community participation guidelines has been listened.

Thanks.

PS: If you think you have been unfairly moderated over discourse please
let me know where and how and I can investigate the case.

El 27/08/18 a las 13:21, annajawor...@gmail.com escribió:
> _______________________________________________
> mozillians mailing list
> mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozillians


--
Rubén Martín [Nukeador]
Mozilla Reps Mentor
http://www.mozilla-hispano.org
http://twitter.com/mozilla_hispano
http://facebook.com/mozillahispano

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 22, 2018, 6:23:57 PM9/22/18
to
Hello,

You say that all the people who disagree are being listened to?? If it was true, than why on earth many topics are gone unnoticed by Molzilla employees/staff? Or they answer all other questions within one topic but the one uncomfy goes unanswered?

And once again - your definition of civil discussion is in fact disallowance for negative comments. Because when I voiced my concerns I got silenced on Discourse immediately. By @dave-ross (UK). And people like him are Mozilla reps? Seriously you all want to develop good product or you all have oversized ego just because you are part of once most popular web-browser? Seems like the latter for me (not only me in fact).

You ask me to show where Ive been unfairly treated on discourse - I really would love to but Ive no access to my account. I may say by who Ive been silenced - Ive already did this.

Do not act as if you were suprised by mine frustration - Im only voicing what more and more people think. Thats it.

Its Mozilla who provoked all this, by making mistakes. Fine - everyone of us makes mistakes. OK - no problem with this. What I feel bad about is inability to admit being mistaken and - secondly - not being able to revert mistake(s). And this - in turn - fires up criticism, whoch you are unable to/told to not handle properly.

alcatel...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 23, 2018, 1:56:54 PM9/23/18
to
Sadly have to agree with what @annajaworska says. Feel the very same way. Its deeply saddening situation, but its even more saddening that this is solely people behind Mozilla's fault. It means that these people should be - at best - replaced ASAP. Of course if Mitchell wants Mozilla to survive.

Rubén Martín

unread,
Sep 24, 2018, 6:09:03 AM9/24/18
to annajawor...@gmail.com, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

I can find a discourse account for your email and I see no posts have
been published and no moderation actions taken, if it was another
account please send me a private email with the data so I can provide
you feedback about this issue.

About your complains: Yes, everyone makes mistakes, Mozilla included and
there is no way to avoid it. What should really differentiate us is how
we detect, react and change based on the learnings.

If you want to provide actionable feedback my recommendation is that you
structure your input in:

* What's the concrete problem you are seeing? (go as specific as possible)
* Why do you think this is a problem? How does this affect you and
other people?
* What are the changes to the current situation you suggest? Why they
are better than the current one?

Since this is a legacy mailing list and you have an active discourse
account I would suggest you open the discussion there since it will get
more exposure and more people will be able to participate.

Cheers.

El 23/09/18 a las 00:23, annajawor...@gmail.com escribió:

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 24, 2018, 7:36:42 AM9/24/18
to
Hello,

the problem is that you (like any other mozillian out there) seem to ignore real problem here. This way will lead us nowhere - more and more people will become frustrated and more people will voice their opinion/s.....

Sure - I can log in to discourse. Theoretically, as your (stupid IMO) IAM policy will not let me use any other way of loging, but through FF account. And I will not be able to login via FF account from outside Firefox. More => I will not install Firefox as Im actively boycotting Mozilla.

While I was speaking of mistakes I didnt mean what you presented - you misunderstood me.

So - kind of pat here......

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 24, 2018, 7:48:50 AM9/24/18
to
And dont lie that I can create topic on discourse. It will get locked (or even deleted) and I will get silenced (again)

Antonin Carette

unread,
Sep 24, 2018, 8:13:34 AM9/24/18
to mozil...@lists.mozilla.org, annajawor...@gmail.com
Hello,

sadly, it's not the first time I heard those kind of things… :/

But, please, be respectful with others (all mozillians are not responsible for that).

I tried to find the discussion and other but didn't found anything too.
It could be great to report the people according the logs.

Also, I don't understand if you are angry because the community has been mean to you, or whatever…

To finish, Mozilla is more than the "Firefox company"; Mozilla works and build Firefox, Thunderbird, … but works also with a ton of others foundations/associations for the web, and also for better products (for example, Rust - and the Rust community is the best community in IT I ever met since… since?).
So, you can boycott a product for several reasons, but it seems here you are boycotting the foundation because people were not agree with you for a given product… which does not makes any sense for me.
But I probably misunderstood the point.

You seems very angry - I understand that - but I think that people here don't take care of your words.
So, please, be kind with people who want to help you :)

Thanks in advance, and all the best.

Antonin
Le 24 sept. 2018 à 13:50 +0200, annajawor...@gmail.com, a écrit :
> And dont lie that I can create topic on discourse. It will get locked (or even deleted) and I will get silenced (again)

Rubén Martín

unread,
Sep 24, 2018, 11:09:51 AM9/24/18
to annajawor...@gmail.com, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
You can log-in passwordless by filling your email ("Sign Up with
email"), not need for external service.

Reference:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/IAM/Frequently_asked_questions#Q:_Why_do_you_support_email_login_.28.22passwordless.22.29_if_it.27s_less_safe_than_other_methods.3F

Cheers.

El 24/09/18 a las 13:36, annajawor...@gmail.com escribió:

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 25, 2018, 3:37:45 AM9/25/18
to
Of course not all mozillians are to be blamed for this. But you are a company (=larger group of people with one, common goal) so responsibility is to be divided equally.

You hear this not for first time? Good, befriend yourself with this. There are more to come. Im sure.

As for being respectful. There is one golden rule in life for me: give what you get. Meaning if you are being respectful to me I pay back with very same. And I always try to be polite first. Only when I see that other side is not willing to cooperate, than my tone changes. Very simple and effective.

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Sep 25, 2018, 3:40:30 AM9/25/18
to
No I cannot. Sends me an emnail and when I click button (within this mauil) It gives me an error saying that I cannot use this method. So no, Im unable to log this way

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Oct 27, 2018, 10:07:45 AM10/27/18
to
Of course account associated with my email is empty (=without any created content). Its because they (Dave Ross & Michael Koehler) feared that - if this was not to b e done - they would have to admit to wrongdoing(s) against me. So they preferred to destroy evidence and pretend that nothing ever happened.

They did this because they could = there was (and most possibly still is) silent agreement betwen Baker (and/or CEO) and these two guys. In other words, management turns blind eye on what these two do.

Thats that simple. Really.

Cédric de Saint Martin

unread,
Oct 27, 2018, 12:25:52 PM10/27/18
to annajawor...@gmail.com, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,
Let me write what everybody thinks.

You are running paranoid. I've been an occasional contributor for years and
I have never seen serious contributors treated this way. Mozilla has one of
the most amazing community out there. Not everything is perfect but
problems can be treated in a peaceful way.
Maybe that if you calm down and begin to have good will, someone will
listen to you. All I have seen so far is non-productive complains and
paranoid statements.

As a contributor, i hope you understands that i don't have any secret
agreement with CEO.

So please, would it be possible to use this mailing list for useful matters
?

That's that simple, really.

Thanks,
Cedric

Henrik Mitsch

unread,
Oct 28, 2018, 5:05:40 AM10/28/18
to annajawor...@gmail.com, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi annajaworskaniucha,

that error with your Mozilla IAM login is on me. I apologize for the issues. It looks like we will be able to get rid of this unpleasant “if you use X (eg FxA) for login, you can’t use Y (eg passwordless email)” before the end of the year.

Can you please send me a personal message to hmi...@mozilla.com with the email address you use for Firefox Accounts and I will work with the InfoSec team to get “passwordless email auth” re-enabled for you.

By the way, Firefox Accounts can also be used with non-Firefox browsers. But I don’t think that this is what you are looking for at this point.

Regards,
Henrik


--
Henrik Mitsch

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Nov 2, 2018, 7:43:34 AM11/2/18
to
You talking about being paranoid? Seriously? Voicing concerns you call not-normal? You say that Im the one being aggressive here?

You (as other connected (in whatever way)) with Mozilla are the one who do not tolerate criticism and react offensively at even the smallest critcism .

And will not stop. C ontinue insulting me and end up being sued . Enough of dicky semi-oss projects and their to-life supporters .

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Dec 7, 2018, 3:45:19 PM12/7/18
to
Thats exactly what Im talking about!!!!
You sound like typical Mozilla employee/lover. May be respelled (will be quicker) if you said/wrote: FUCK YOU instead of writing long story without any form of willingness for help... Oh yes - asking me to write an email addr to you whereas you are in possesion of one (you have checked my Mozilla's forum account) - is typical for Mozilla.

My answer - NO I WILL NOT provide you with ANYTHING. Making sure I (and anyone else) am able to use your forum not being interupted is YOUR responsibility not mine. You are (or create impression you are) staff there, so get it solved or simply deny. If thats the case - write it clearly. Be transparent (word unknown to so-called FOSS projects).

Wes Garland

unread,
Dec 7, 2018, 9:52:25 PM12/7/18
to Anna Lisik, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi, if you need to talk to someone, maybe you could try 1-800-668-6868?
> _______________________________________________
> mozillians mailing list
> mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozillians
>


--

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Dec 8, 2018, 6:28:07 AM12/8/18
to
I’m outside the United States and hell no will not talk to these dickheads

Wes Garland

unread,
Dec 8, 2018, 11:01:52 AM12/8/18
to Anna Lisik, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
Okay, if you let me know where you are, I can try to recommend a
therapist closer to home.
On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 11:30, <annajawor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’m outside the United States and hell no will not talk to these dickheads

Corey Shields

unread,
Dec 8, 2018, 11:25:52 AM12/8/18
to annajawor...@gmail.com, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
Please be more respectful in your communications if you want to continue in this mailing list.

Refer to our Community Participation Guidelines at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/governance/policies/participation

-C

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Dec 8, 2018, 2:13:57 PM12/8/18
to
Or what? Will track me down and sue me? Go ahead Im waiting.
The one (company) that should be sued is Mozilla. By extension authors for instance.

So kindly shut up.

Michal Stanke

unread,
Dec 8, 2018, 2:34:00 PM12/8/18
to annajawor...@gmail.com, mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
Please stop this madness. If somebody wants to sue someone else, please go
ahead, now and quick. But stop the non-constructive threatening here.
Obviously this conversation won't lead to any resolution of the dispute.

--
Michal Stanke

so 8. 12. 2018 20:15 odesílatel <annajawor...@gmail.com> napsal:
> _______________________________________________
> mozillians mailing list
> mozil...@lists.mozilla.org
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/mozillians
>

annajawor...@gmail.com

unread,
Dec 9, 2018, 11:36:23 AM12/9/18
to
I hope Michał you do realise that this madness (as you call it) is entirely Mozilla's fault? Reactions are like this because Mozilla took certain business way.... had they taken another way, reactions would be different. So - if you want to stop this "madness", just change Mozilla way of conducting business. Simple as this.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages