Mozilla Merchandise

Ken Saunders

Apr 10, 2013, 12:48:19 AM4/10/13
Hi All,

Here's a good question from a fan.
"...where can I buy t-shirts, hats, etc.. Firefox for personal use? I live in aguascalientes, mexico"

What happened to the Mozilla Store? There was also one where community members created t-shirts for sale that I cannot find. Currently, the only place that I see to get a t-shirt is at https://sendto.mozilla.org/page/contribute/join-mozilla and a few pages similar to that.

I believe that it would be a plus to have other items available again like hats, key chains, stickers, etc, of course for the free marketing value, but also to generate some more revenue for Mozilla.
Having a number of different items also offers individuals choices/options according to their budgets. For example a t-shirt is $30 and a key chain is $5 or a laptop skin is $15-$20 and so on.

If it's possible to get this going again, being able to choose messages and taglines for t-shirts for different locales would be cool.

Ken

Ken Saunders
------------------
Access Firefox Project Manager
http://www.AccessFirefox.org

William Duyck

Apr 10, 2013, 7:32:06 AM4/10/13
to Ken Saunders, mark...@lists.mozilla.org
I agree, I know a number of people at university and otherwise that would
jump at the chance to buy some Mozilla gear. I get asked quite a bit about
it. Right now I can only point them to donate.mozilla.org but most have
already been there and gotten the t-shirt, their looking for more and some
variety.

Surely the extra revenue could be of use. Even if its an addition to
donate.moz

FuzzyFox

Katherine Naszradi

Apr 10, 2013, 2:21:00 PM4/10/13
to William Duyck, Ken Saunders, Ben Simon, mark...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi all:

Just wanted to send a quick note that Ben Simon from the Foundation (cc'd above) is currently looking into the possibility of re-launching an external store. He may be able to provide some updates and additional insights to this topic.

Thanks,

Kate

Apr 14, 2013, 3:47:35 PM4/14/13
to bsi...@mozillafoundation.org, Katherine Naszradi, marketing, Ken Saunders, William Duyck, Geoffrey MacDougall, Ben Moskowitz
Hi,

We already have a online store at our MoCo Taiwan[1] and China[2] branch,
why not just make it open to the world?

[1] http://firefox01.taobao.com/
[2] http://tw.mall.yahoo.com/store/firefox

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Ben Simon <bsi...@mozillafoundation.org>wrote:

> Thanks, Kate.
>
> Ben Moskowitz and I are indeed scoping out solutions for a public-facing
> gear store, and are really excited to see the amount of interest there is!
>
> We're currently evaluating vendors -- with a particular eye towards
> vendors who can make it through our rigorous privacy/security/data safety
> standards -- and we hope to have something up and running by late summer.
>
> If there are particular folks we should be talking with -- or even just
> ideas you have for how the store should work -- please feel free to reach
> out to either me or other Ben and we'd be more than happy to chat.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ben Simon
>

> On 4/10/13 11:21 AM, Katherine Naszradi wrote:
>
>> Hi all:
>>
>> Just wanted to send a quick note that Ben Simon from the Foundation (cc'd
>> above) is currently looking into the possibility of re-launching an
>> external store. He may be able to provide some updates and additional
>> insights to this topic.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Kate

>> > https://sendto.mozilla.org/**page/contribute/join-mozilla<https://sendto.mozilla.org/page/contribute/join-mozilla>and a
>> few pages
>> > similar to that.
>> >
>> > I believe that it would be a plus to have other items available
>> again like
>> > hats, key chains, stickers, etc, of course for the free
>> marketing value,
>> > but also to generate some more revenue for Mozilla.
>> > Having a number of different items also offers individuals
>> choices/options
>> > according to their budgets. For example a t-shirt is $30 and a
>> key chain is
>> > $5 or a laptop skin is $15-$20 and so on.
>> >
>> > If it's possible to get this going again, being able to choose
>> messages
>> > and taglines for t-shirts for different locales would be cool.
>> >
>> > Ken
>> >

>> > Ken Saunders
>> > ------------------
>> > Access Firefox Project Manager
>> > http://www.AccessFirefox.org

@ irvinfly: community liaison
moztw.org Mozilla Taiwan community

Geoffrey MacDougall

Apr 14, 2013, 4:34:42 PM4/14/13
to ir...@moztw.org, Katherine Naszradi, marketing, Ken Saunders, William Duyck, Ben Moskowitz, bsi...@mozillafoundation.org
Hi Irvin,

We're looking to make this a source of donation revenue to the
Foundation. How does the cash flow work in the Taiwan and China
stores?

Cheers,

G.
>>> few pages

>>> again like
>>> marketing value,
>>> choices/options
>>> key chain is

>>> messages

>> Interested in promoting Mozilla? Check out the Mozilla Community Marketing
>> Guide: http://contribute.mozilla.org/Marketing
>> mark...@lists.mozilla.org

Majken Connor

Apr 14, 2013, 7:59:34 PM4/14/13
to Geoffrey MacDougall, Katherine Naszradi, marketing, Ken Saunders, ir...@moztw.org, William Duyck, Ben Moskowitz, bsi...@mozillafoundation.org
An aside to the idea of how to build a store, one of my Reps was just
asking how to sell the adorable plush dinos to help raise money.

Irvin Chen

Apr 14, 2013, 11:34:49 PM4/14/13
to Geoffrey MacDougall, Katherine Naszradi, marketing, Ken Saunders, ir...@moztw.org, William Duyck, Ben Moskowitz, bsi...@mozillafoundation.org
Hi Geoffery,

That's the store owned by MoCoTW and Mozilla Online, community knows
nothing about it. I'll try find our contacts at MoCoTW and see if we can
get someone to answer this question.

Mozilla Taiwan Community
Irvin

Geoffrey MacDougall 於 2013年4月15日星期一寫道:

Marco Casteleijn

Jan 31, 2014, 1:02:43 AM1/31/14
Great question Ken. Do you know about Shirpunch.com? Great concept.

Maybe an idea is to filter (and brand protected of course) 2-3 T-shirts a day people can buy made by fans. Have a shirt on FireOS, one Mozilla and one Firefox. Every 24 hours another shirt picked by the community engagement team . Made by fans for fans. Then also you only need to print one when ordered, and it must be easy enough in the Bay area to find a partner who can print.

Shirt punch shirts go for 10 Canadian dollars each...

And we could ask the buyers to add 1 dollar for each shirt for the Mozilla.org to fund good causes, fund hackathons, events etc...