Mozilla's participation in the GNOME Outreach Program for Woman

Oliver Propst

Mar 4, 2014, 9:36:16 AM3/4/14
to mark...@lists.mozilla.org, wo...@lists.womoz.org
Hi,
Right now the GNOME Outreach Program for Women are accepting
applications (deadline 19 March) [1,2]. I find it strange (and of sad)
that Mozilla are not officially participating in this round of
the program when Mozilla have done it before [3]. Is there any
particular reason this?

I think the program represents an excellent opportunity to increase
the participation in the project as well as to introduce poeple
(femle) to free/open source collaboration.

I guess its to late to start a infinitive around the current round,
given that the application deadline are on March 19. I think we should
work to ensure that this situation do not occur again (if there is no
particular reason for Mozilla not to participate in the program).

1 https://gnome.org/opw/
2 https://wiki.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen
3 https://wiki.mozilla.org/GNOME_Outreach_December2013

--
-mvh Oliver Propst

larissa...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 3:06:21 PM3/6/14
Hi, Oliver!

I'm the coordinator for our current (amazing) OPW cohort, which is just wrapping up. We intend to participate in this next round (and can still join, I am told) but our funding model has shifted and we don't want to advertise the opportunities until the budget is firm.

I expect that assuming this is all resolved, we will be putting up opportunities soon.

The OPW intern caliber has been outstanding, and I am very optimistic that we will continue the project. I agree with you that it is important that we stay involved.

Larissa

Oliver Propst

Mar 6, 2014, 5:37:22 PM3/6/14
to larissa...@gmail.com, mark...@lists.mozilla.org
Thanks Larissa for clarifying the situation, its completely make sense.

-mvh Oliver Propst