Aggressive in OS advertising by Microsoft Edge

Ansgar Koene

Jan 18, 2017, 4:31:05 AM1/18/17
to le...@lists.mozilla.org
On this computer I use Windows 10 with Firefox set as default browser.

The icon for Microsoft's Windows 10 integrated browser 'Edge' just gave me
a pop-up saying 'Edge is safer than Firefox against malware attacks' [I
paraphrase, I closed the pop-up and don't remember the exact wording]. I
was not using Edge at the time.

Is this kind of advertising feature something that all installed software
on my computer can do in Windows 10 or is this a case of leverageing the OS
dominance to boost their web-brower adoption? Remind anyone of the 1990s
anti-trust case against Microsoft's browser bundling?

Sincerely,
Ansgar Koene

--
Ansgar Koene,
Horizon Digital Economics Research

Andy

Jan 23, 2017, 4:31:55 AM1/23/17
to mozill...@lists.mozilla.org
It's YOURE choise on what browser you use.
Don't blame microsoft:)

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"Ansgar Koene" <ark...@gmail.com> wrote in message

john.p....@gmail.com

May 12, 2017, 6:21:46 AM5/12/17
to mozill...@lists.mozilla.org
I have noticed some aggressive tactics used by Microsoft, and possibly Google to encourage end users to switch from use of Mozilla products such as Firefox Desktop browser.

I did suggest in an appropriate Mozilla ( Marketing - SuMo ) support site that maybe Mozilla should at least try to counter this with their own blogs and official Knowledge Base articles. I can not link (publicly) to that suggestion at the moment due to issues with Mozilla's Forum software.