permission to distribuite my modified firefox portable

adan.n...@gmail.com

May 24, 2014, 10:38:47 AM5/24/14
to mozill...@lists.mozilla.org
I want to distribute a modified version of firefoxportable (portableapps.com) that show a local webpage in any computer where it's installed.

The changes that I make were: change name of firefox.exe, change description ( "memorias en firefox"), adding usercontent.css and userchorme.css,changing name of folder firefox changing logo userwindow.ico, adding addons to hide menubars and toolbars, and edit the launcher with "NSIS Portable" to show another splash screen.

The final versión has a launcher that was made on phyton and start firefoxportable.exe.

Finally i pretend to compile it in a installer using inno setup.

I understand that I need your permission to distribute my modified version of portable apps, how can I get it? And what I need to do it?

Kind Regards

Adán Nuñez

Mike Connor

May 27, 2014, 3:49:08 PM5/27/14
to adan.n...@gmail.com
Hi Adam (moving mozilla-legal to bcc, since that’s the wrong people),

I’m one of the people involved in approving custom builds. The first/primary question in “why are you distributing this, and who are you distributing it to?” Once we’ve established that, we can look at whether the specific changes you are making meet our guidelines and whether they make sense for your desired aims. Finally, if there’s any commercial aspect involved in the distribution, that’s something we’d need to understand as well.

— Mike