Unauthorized use of Firefox logo

Rasmus Hovgaard

Oct 15, 2014, 4:15:49 AM10/15/14
to le...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi there.

This commercial popped up at my browser, obviously regular scam offering
you "free" money. But this used your logo in a way, so that people easily
will correspond it to your company.
Im not sure whether it is illegal or not, but i thought you would like to
see it. I attatched a screenshot of it.

Have a nice day!

Best regards

Rasmus Hovgaard.

Leo McArdle

Oct 15, 2014, 9:37:59 AM10/15/14
to Rasmus Hovgaard, le...@lists.mozilla.org
I don't think the legal list allows attachments, at least, it hasn't come
through here.

Think you can upload the screenshot somewhere and link to it?

~Leo

Leo McArdle

Oct 15, 2014, 12:48:57 PM10/15/14
to Rasmus Hovgaard, le...@lists.mozilla.org
I think the proper course of action is for you to fill in the fraud
report form [1] and then one of Mozilla's lawyers (or, at least, more
legally versed contributors) will deal with it.

Thanks for reaching out,
Leo

[1] https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/legal/fraud-report/

On 15/10/14 17:35, Rasmus Hovgaard wrote:
> http://i.imgur.com/JwX2jRq.png
>
> It is Danish.
> Roughly translated it says:
> "Dear Firefox user,
>
> You are this days lucky visitor at: Monday, 13 of October, 2014.
> Please complete this short questionnaire and say "Thank you",we will
> give you a price at at value exceeding 1700$"
>
> \\Rasmus Hovgaard

> <mailto:l...@mozilla.org.uk>>:
>
> I don't think the legal list allows attachments, at least, it hasn't
> come through here.
>
> Think you can upload the screenshot somewhere and link to it?
>
> ~Leo
>
> On 13 October 2014 19:30, Rasmus Hovgaard <rhov...@gmail.com
> <mailto:rhov...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi there.
>
> This commercial popped up at my browser, obviously regular scam
> offering
> you "free" money. But this used your logo in a way, so that
> people easily
> will correspond it to your company.
> Im not sure whether it is illegal or not, but i thought you
> would like to
> see it. I attatched a screenshot of it.
>
> Have a nice day!
>

> Best regards