We're looking for a talented and passionate programmer who would help us create (finish/fix) two plugins for our web-app:
- A plugin for Mozilla Thunderbird ( https://www.mozilla.org/EN/thunderbird/
- A plugin for Postbox ( http://www.postbox-inc.com/
The plugin will be a frame that will simply connect to our web-app allowing the users of our app to access it from within Thunderbird or Postbox. In addition to the basic functionality of opening/hiding and resizing the plugin pane, you would have to implement a way for it to notice what email the user has selected/opened to put the ID of the message into our app and also support some keyboard shortcuts that our app has implemented.
Our app (Todoist) is an online to-do list and the app itself is not the subject of this job, you would only have to create the plugin that would connect to https://todoist.com?mini=1
as this app already can add emails as tasks as shown on this video presenting another plugin we have for Outlook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSIVBiV71I
We already have a version of the plugin for both Thunderbird and Postbox, but they're buggy so currently:
- Linked mails (as tasks in our app) don't open if you're looking at a different inbox
- Postbox email-links open Thunderbird instead
- The plugins can't locate an email added as a task if the mail has been moved to a different location.
That said, most of these issues are problems with the way the plugins communicates with our app.
- Experience with XUL and creation of Mozilla add-ons
- Passion for what you do
- Responsiveness and good communication (in English)
At Doist ( http://doist.io
) we are always looking for building long-term relationship with contractors we hire. That means a well done job here could easily lead to more work for us on a regular basis in the future.
We look forward to hear from you, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.