Changes to Remote Protocol, geckodriver, Marionette

Maja Frydrychowicz

Jul 17, 2020, 1:52:58 PM7/17/20
to gover...@lists.mozilla.org
I'd like to propose some long overdue changes to the "Remote Protocol"
module and the "Testing::geckodriver + Marionette" submodule.

1) "Remote Protocol": Set Henrik Skupin as module owner and change Andreas
Tolfsen to Owner Emeritus.
In the past few months, Henrik has had a huge hand in expanding the
features under Remote Protocol and guiding community contributors.

2) Split "Testing::geckodriver + Marionette" into two sub-modules:
"Testing::Marionette" and "Testing::geckodriver".
These involve different areas of expertise and we expect geckodriver to
diverge from Marionette in the medium term.

3) "Testing::geckodriver": Move James Graham from Peer to Module Owner and
change Andreas Tolfsen to Owner Emeritus; move David Burns to Peer Emeritus.
James started the geckodriver project and has been a peer for many years.

4) "Testing::Marionette": Move Henrik Skupin from Peer to Module Owner and
change Andreas Tolfsen to Owner Emeritus; move David Burns to Peer Emeritus.
Henrik has been working on Marionette for a very long time.

Both Henrik and James are willing to take on these new roles, so if there
aren't any objections within the next week we'll go ahead and make these
changes.

Regardless, heartfelt thanks go out to Andreas Tolfsen and David Burns for
their many years of defining contributions to all of these areas.

Maja, and team

Maja Frydrychowicz

Jul 27, 2020, 11:48:02 AM7/27/20
to gover...@lists.mozilla.org
We haven't received any objections so the changes to Remote Protocol,
Marionette and geckodriver are now live on the wiki.

Congrats to James Graham and Henrik Skupin on their new roles.

Maja