Οι Ομάδες Google δεν υποστηρίζουν πλέον νέες αναρτήσεις ή εγγραφές στο Usenet. Το ιστορικό περιεχόμενο παραμένει ορατό.

Creating a User-Agent String Module

100 προβολές
Παράβλεψη και μετάβαση στο πρώτο μη αναγνωσμένο μήνυμα

Eric Rescorla

μη αναγνωσμένη,
5 Φεβ 2021, 2:12:35 μ.μ.5/2/21
ως governance
It has become increasingly clear that we need a module for the User-Agent
string to handle issues of WebCompat and Privacy, especially. The TLMC [0]
has discussed this topic and, absent any objections, plans to create this
module at the end of next week, with Tantek Celik as the module owner.

-Ekr

[0] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Firefox_Technical_Leadership

L. David Baron

μη αναγνωσμένη,
5 Φεβ 2021, 2:35:05 μ.μ.5/2/21
ως gover...@lists.mozilla.org
On Friday 2021-02-05 11:11 -0800, Eric Rescorla via governance wrote:
> It has become increasingly clear that we need a module for the User-Agent
> string to handle issues of WebCompat and Privacy, especially. The TLMC [0]
> has discussed this topic and, absent any objections, plans to create this
> module at the end of next week, with Tantek Celik as the module owner.

It seems like a good idea to me.

I'd note that this has previously been a policy that had an "owner",
but that ownership wasn't described in the module system. (At
various times in the past that owner has been me, Gerv Markham, and
maybe also Henri Sivonen, I think in that order.)

(The only archived document I can find decribing this policy is
https://www-archive.mozilla.org/build/revised-user-agent-strings ;
it seems likely that everything newer has been deleted.)

-David

--
𝄞 L. David Baron https://dbaron.org/ 𝄂
Before I built a wall I'd ask to know

Eric Rescorla

μη αναγνωσμένη,
12 Φεβ 2021, 3:48:09 μ.μ.12/2/21
ως governance
This change has been made. Thanks to Tantek for taking on this role.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 11:11 AM Eric Rescorla <e...@rtfm.com> wrote:

> It has become increasingly clear that we need a module for the User-Agent
> string to handle issues of WebCompat and Privacy, especially. The TLMC [0]
> has discussed this topic and, absent any objections, plans to create this
> module at the end of next week, with Tantek Celik as the module owner.
>
> -Ekr
>
> [0] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Modules/Firefox_Technical_Leadership

0 νέα μηνύματα