MPL Release Candidate 2 published (based in large part on feedback from this list)

Luis Villa

Nov 14, 2011, 12:55:22 PM11/14/11
to governance...@lists.mozilla.org, gover...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi, all-

I'm happy to announce the release of MPL 2 Release Candidate 2, which
we hope will become the final draft in late November or early
December.

The license is here:

Plain text: http://mpl.mozilla.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/MPL-RC2.txt

HTML: http://mpl.mozilla.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/MPL-RC2.html

Changes From RC1
==============

The changes from RC1 are mostly clarifications, rather than material
changes. A few changes in particular may be of interest to members of
this list:

* Clarify the compatibility language, based on feedback from this
group (primarily the change from "Incompatible Software" to
"Incompatible with Secondary Licenses.")

* Clarify the notices language. These changes were made in part
because of feedback from this group.

* Clarify 3.2(a) on the allowable charges for distribution, as a
result of a suggestion from this list.

You can see the changes, and comments, in this pdf:

http://mpl.mozilla.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/MPL-RC1-to-RC2.pdf

Feedback
========

Members of this group have been very helpful throughout the license
process, and we would really appreciate it if you all made one last
push to read through the license and make sure it is correct and
error-free.

To comment, the same channels used in previous releases are available:
commenting tool, this mailing list, or direct contact with me, Gerv,
or Harvey.

Links to all of the above are available here:
http://mpl.mozilla.org/participate/rc

FAQs
====

Draft FAQs, first published with the RC1, are also still available and
open for comment. Please let us know if you have any thoughts on them.

The license FAQ:
http://mpl.mozilla.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/FAQ-RC.html

The MPL revisions FAQ:
http://mpl.mozilla.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Revision-FAQ-RC.html

Scheduling
========

We plan to announce the final version in early December. Please keep
that in mind while reviewing.

Thanks- we look forward to any showstoppers this group is able to find :)
Luis