MPL submitted to Open Source Initiative

Luis Villa

Dec 9, 2011, 9:55:24 AM12/9/11
to governance...@lists.mozilla.org
FYI for all of you who have contributed here: yesterday I submitted an
"RC 3" (involving very minor changes from RC2) to the Open Source
Initiative for their approval. If you're interested, you can track the
discussion via the license-review mailing list archives:

http://projects.opensource.org/pipermail/license-review/2011-December/000001.html

As you can imagine, this means we're wrapping up and hope to ship in
the very near future! Thanks so much to everyone here for their input.

Luis

Benoit Jacob

Dec 9, 2011, 11:08:36 AM12/9/11
to Luis Villa, governance...@lists.mozilla.org
Can I ask again about my remarks about section 1.7?

Sorry if it's been replied to recently: with this week's mozilla.com mail outage, I may have missed something.

My concern is that the current text doesn't make it clear if "separate file" in section 1.7 means separate in the Source form or separate in the Executable form. That's a problem because if it were interpreted as "separate in Executable form" then the MPL would prevent statically linking MPL'd libraries to proprietary applications.

Cheers,
Benoit