my change of affiliation

Luis Villa

Jan 4, 2011, 10:54:59 AM1/4/11
to governance...@lists.mozilla.org, gover...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi, all-

Effective at the end of this week, I'll be leaving Mozilla to join the
law firm of Greenberg Traurig, where I'll work for Heather Meeker, our
primary outside counsel for the MPL process. Mozilla and the MPL have
been terrific, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to expand my
skills at one of the leading open source legal practices in Silicon Valley.

I don't think that this will significantly impact the MPL process, for
two reasons. First, we're nearly done :) Feedback on the beta has been
primarily positive, so we're polishing now, rather than making
substantive changes. Second, Greenberg Traurig will allow me to finish
the work on their time.

After Friday, my email and physical addresses will change, but my
commitment to seeing this process through, and creating the best
possible license for Mozilla and the broader MPL community, will not.
I'm not going away afterwards either; once the process is done, I'll
still be part of the Mozilla community, helping out where I can with
licensing and other issues.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me and I'll try to do
everything I can to explain and clarify.

Thanks-
Luis

--
Luis Villa, Mozilla Legal
work email: lvi...@mozilla.com (preferred)

Alexis Richardson

Jan 4, 2011, 12:28:02 PM1/4/11
to Luis Villa, governance...@lists.mozilla.org, gover...@lists.mozilla.org
Luis

Congratulations on your move and thank-you for all your good work on
MPL at Mozilla. I am excited about reaching a 'final' version in the
course of time!

alexis

Mitchell Baker

Jan 4, 2011, 12:46:46 PM1/4/11
to governance...@lists.mozilla.org
Luis

I'm sorry not to have you thinking full time about Mozilla things, but I
agree that law firm training is an important element of an attorney's
life, esp early in the post law school career. I can't imagine a
better transition that to working with Heather at Greenberg Trauig.
Heather has been a critical part of the MPL revision process since the
day we started, and I am sure both you and she will continue to bring
expertise and fun into our work, as well as moving open source forward
in other ways.

I hope you love it, they love you and we have lots of time working
together.
Many thanks for taking us up on the idea of spending some time focusing
us all on the MPL.

mitchell

Till Jaeger

Feb 1, 2011, 1:03:06 PM2/1/11
to governance...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi Luis,

My best wishes for your new job!

How is the time schedule for the next steps?

Best regards,

Till

--
Dr. Till Jaeger
Certified Copyright and Media Law Attorney

JBB Rechtsanwälte
Christinenstraße 18/19 | 10119 Berlin
Tel. +49.30.443 765 0 | Fax +49.30.443 765 22
www.jbb.de

JBB Rechtsanwälte Jaschinski Biere Brexl Partnerschaft
Sitz der Partnerschaftsgesellschaft: Berlin
Registergericht AG Charlottenburg | PR 609 B

Luis

Feb 8, 2011, 12:54:38 PM2/8/11
to mozilla-govern...@lists.mozilla.org
On Feb 1, 10:03 am, Till Jaeger <till.jae...@ifross.de> wrote:
> Hi Luis,
>
> My best wishes for your new job!
>
> How is the time schedule for the next steps?

Hi, Till-
Sorry I didn't see your earlier email until today; some of my mailing
lists subscriptions are still a little wonky. I hope to issue a near-
final draft in the very near future, perhaps as soon as this week.

Luis