Thunderbird: have "send both types" always checked

Balaco ocalaB

Oct 18, 2021, 10:26:03 PM10/18/21

Hello,

when i compose HTML messages, there is a menu item Options > Deliver method > Both formats.

The other options in the submenu Deliver format are:

- automatic select
- no formatting
- HTML formatting

I would like to have the "Both formats" option always checked, in all the messages i compose as HTML, in all accounts i have. Do you know how?

I know the global setting Edit > Preferences > Edit (tab) > General (subtab) > Sending format (button) > check box "Send messages with text without formatting, if possible". This checkbox is marked.

Below it, there is a dropdown menu with the title "When sending HTML messages, and if a destination is not defined to receive this format:",  with these options:

- ask what is the preferred format
- only send without format
- only send HTML
- send a message not formatted together (chosen option)

But with these settings, i still always see the option to send both formats unchecked in all compose windows. The chosen option is "automatic choice" - which i do not want.

Do you know how to do this? Maybe one of those misterious "about:config" settings...

--
=
       quem você é?

  2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
  2.b. You may do it here:

  https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

Mr. Man-wai Chang

Oct 19, 2021, 8:36:41 AM10/19/21

As this mailing list is being retired, we take this opportunity to point
out that much of Thunderbird's support happens at
https://support.mozilla.org/questions/new/thunderbird/form

Other Thunderbird discussions have moved to *mailing lists* at
https://discuss.thunderbird.net/groups/ where hundreds of users, testers
and developers collaborate on the future of Thunderbird, hopefully with
your help.� Here you will find groups such as *Beta* and *Daily *builds,
*planning*, *encryption*, *announcements*, and more.

Regardless of where you engage with other users of Thunderbird, your
support and involvement is appreciated.

J. P. Gilliver (John)

Oct 19, 2021, 11:07:23 AM10/19/21
On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 at 20:36:34, Mr. Man-wai Chang
<toylet...@gmail.com> wrote (my responses usually follow points
raised):

>As this mailing list is being retired, we take this opportunity to point
>out that much of Thunderbird's support happens at
>https://support.mozilla.org/questions/new/thunderbird/form
>
>Other Thunderbird discussions have moved to *mailing lists* at
>https://discuss.thunderbird.net/groups/ where hundreds of users, testers
>and developers collaborate on the future of Thunderbird, hopefully with
>your help.0 >*planning*, *encryption*, *announcements*, and more.
>
>Regardless of where you engage with other users of Thunderbird, your
>support and involvement is appreciated.

And "we" take the opportunity to point out the existence of the
newsgroup alt.comp.software.thunderbird, which unlike forums, mailing
lists, etc., is not under the _control_ of anybody (including mozilla).

They put two and two together and make a dozen, provided they take off their
socks to help them count that far. (From "Walking the Dog", by "Smilodon".)

Balaco ocalaB

Oct 19, 2021, 1:21:53 PM10/19/21
Ok. I will look into that. Thank you for the pointers and explanations.

😉 Good Guy 😉

Oct 19, 2021, 4:00:40 PM10/19/21
On 19/10/2021 18:21, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
Ok. I will look into that. Thank you for the pointers and explanations.

You can also try the traditional newsgroups that are NOT moderated. They are free and there is no need to sign up.

--

With over 1.4 billion devices now running Windows 10/11, customer satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.

Onno Ekker

Oct 26, 2021, 2:08:52 AM10/26/21
On 10/19/2021 4:25 AM, Balaco ocalaB wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when i compose HTML messages, there is a menu item *Options > Deliver
> method > Both formats*.
>
> The other options in the submenu *Deliver format *are:
>
> - automatic select
> - no formatting
> - HTML formatting
>
> I would like to have the "Both formats" option always checked, in all
> the messages i compose as HTML, in all accounts i have. Do you know how?
>
> I know the global setting *Edit > Preferences > Edit (tab) > General
> (subtab) > Sending format (button) > check box "Send messages with text
> without formatting, if possible"*. This checkbox is marked.
>
> Below it, there is a dropdown menu with the title *"When sending HTML
> messages, and if a destination is not defined to receive this
> format:"*,  with these options:
>
> - ask what is the preferred format
> - only send without format
> - only send HTML
> - send a message not formatted together (chosen option)
>
> But with these settings, i still always see the option to send both
> formats unchecked in all compose windows. The chosen option is
> "automatic choice" - which i do *not* want.
>
> Do you know how to do this? Maybe one of those misterious "about:config"
> settings...
>

> --
> =
> 1.a. Você quer fazer um comentário, mas não quer mostrar
> quem você é?
> 1.b. Do you want to make a comment for me, but do not want
> to show who you are?
>
> 2.a. Você pode fazê-lo aqui:
> 2.b. You may do it here:
>
> https://queroouvir.sarahah.com/

If you want to always send in both plain text and html, you should
*uncheck* the option to "Send messages as plain text if possible",
because with that option the html formatted part is removed if possible.

Onno