Google Earth problem

The Real Bev

Mar 13, 2021, 2:11:08 AM3/13/21
GE for linux. Anybody know how to (a) make the damn menu font big
enough to see without stacking reading glasses; and (b) how to make the
units miles and feet instead of kilometers and meters?

I can make the 'path' function work with feet, but not the elevation etc.

Because you guys are smart...

--
Cheers, Bev
The stone age didn't end for lack of stones.

The Real Bev

Mar 13, 2021, 11:00:54 AM3/13/21
On 03/12/2021 11:10 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> GE for linux. Anybody know how to (a) make the damn menu font big
> enough to see without stacking reading glasses; and (b) how to make the
> units miles and feet instead of kilometers and meters?
>
> I can make the 'path' function work with feet, but not the elevation etc.
>
> Because you guys are smart...

Except for the asshole who used this post to complain to namesiloabuse
about some unexplained violation.

Carry on.

--
Cheers, Bev

"Whatever the correct citation total - five or six - the Deepwater
Horizon's record was exemplary, according to MMS officials, who said
the rig was never on inspectors' informal "watch list" for problem
rigs.
In fact, last year MMS awarded the rig an award for its safety
history."
--AP Article

Rinaldi

Mar 13, 2021, 11:13:47 AM3/13/21
On 3/13/21 1:10 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
> GE for linux.  Anybody know how to (a) make the damn menu font big
> enough to see without stacking reading glasses; and (b) how to make the
> units miles and feet instead of kilometers and meters?
>
> I can make the 'path' function work with feet, but not the elevation etc.
>
> Because you guys are smart...

Google earth doesn't like my version of libcrypto but the web page works
very well:

https://earth.google.com/web/@0,-0.00000001,0.00000001a,22251752.77375655d,35y,360h,0.00000149t,0r

The left margin contains all the configuration settings.

Doesn't like Pale Moon but works well in FF and Vivaldi here.

Rinaldi

The Real Bev

Mar 13, 2021, 12:54:07 PM3/13/21
On 03/13/2021 08:13 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
> On 3/13/21 1:10 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>> GE for linux. Anybody know how to (a) make the damn menu font big
>> enough to see without stacking reading glasses; and (b) how to make the
>> units miles and feet instead of kilometers and meters?
>>
>> I can make the 'path' function work with feet, but not the elevation etc.
>>
>> Because you guys are smart...
>
> Google earth doesn't like my version of libcrypto but the web page works
> very well:

I've got 1.0.0 (Feb 2017) sprinkled all over, some of which are links to
an earlier 2.23 version which is much smaller. WTF? Is there a newer
version?
It's visually nicer and lets me choose miles or kilometers. The labels
are MUCH better. Unfortunately it won't suck in the couple of hundred
.gpx files and labeled points I've saved. Not ready for prime time yet.

> Doesn't like Pale Moon but works well in FF and Vivaldi here.

It works better in Chrome than FF, but not good enough :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
I remember when everybody posted to Usenet with their real,

Rinaldi

Mar 13, 2021, 1:35:46 PM3/13/21
On 3/13/21 11:53 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
> I've got 1.0.0 (Feb 2017) sprinkled all over, some of which are links to
> an earlier 2.23 version which is much smaller.  WTF?  Is there a newer
> version?

Yes:

slackpkg file-search libcrypto.so

Looking for libcrypto.so in package list. Please wait... DONE

The list below shows the packages that contains "libcrypto\.so" file.

[ installed ] - openssl-solibs-1.1.1j-x86_64-1
[ installed ] - openssl-1.1.1j-x86_64-1

If I link so.1.1 to so.1.0 it fails with the next required ssl lib.
Rabbit hole in he making.

Rinaldi

Rinaldi

Mar 13, 2021, 1:45:02 PM3/13/21
On 3/13/21 11:53 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
> It's visually nicer and lets me choose miles or kilometers.  The labels
> are MUCH better.  Unfortunately it won't suck in the couple of hundred
> .gpx files and labeled points I've saved.  Not ready for prime time yet.

Apparently there's an add-on for that:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gpx-viewer-reader/jcoebkjfbobjheeoclnjkfgginlaefnb?hl=en-US

Rinaldi

The Real Bev

Mar 13, 2021, 3:11:02 PM3/13/21
Wants all the adblockers to be disabled. No.

--
Cheers, Bev
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can

Rinaldi

Mar 13, 2021, 3:41:06 PM3/13/21
On 3/13/21 2:10 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 03/13/2021 10:44 AM, Rinaldi wrote:
>> On 3/13/21 11:53 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
>>> It's visually nicer and lets me choose miles or kilometers.  The labels
>>> are MUCH better.  Unfortunately it won't suck in the couple of hundred
>>> .gpx files and labeled points I've saved.  Not ready for prime time yet.
>>
>> Apparently there's an add-on for that:
>>
>> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gpx-viewer-reader/jcoebkjfbobjheeoclnjkfgginlaefnb?hl=en-US
>>

> Wants all the adblockers to be disabled.  No.

http://gpxviewer.1bestlink.net

The Real Bev

Mar 13, 2021, 4:22:31 PM3/13/21
Disabled both. It worked only when I renamed my hosts file. It seems
to insist on kilometers and offers no options. I give up. I'll just
muddle along with the REAL one until the web version gets better.

--
Cheers, Bev
"If you like to stand on your head and spit pickles in the snow, on the