Thunderbird Live Hacking videos (Take 2)

WaltS48

Mar 27, 2021, 12:20:56 PM3/27/21
When you have some time to kill.

I haven't watched any as yet.

Thunderbird Live Hacking

Enjoy!

--
OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop

Big Al

Mar 27, 2021, 1:56:38 PM3/27/21
On 3/27/21 12:20 PM, this is what WaltS48 wrote:
> When you have some time to kill.
>
> I haven't watched any as yet.
>
> Thunderbird Live Hacking <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLraa45q24xENdFbARgobQ1sw0dz1lSgN5>
>
> Enjoy!
>
> --
> OS: Fedora 33 Workstation - Gnome Desktop
> https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/get-involved/

He's a bit wordy and the vids are long and there are a lot of them. Not sure where #1 thru #3 are but I started watching #4 and I like the
subject, I just wish he would stop babbling and get to the point.

My opinion, if you have a lot of time, they might be interesting. #4 starts off talking about how email addresses in the TO: box when
composing a message are displayed. The red highlight etc. I never watched long enough to see if he made or displayed a fix but it is a bug
report on Mozilla. I've bookmarked it, one day when I need to nap I'll watch. LOL.

--
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.1 64bit, Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop
Quad Core i7-8550U, 16G Memory, 512G SSD, 750G & 1TB HDDs

Andy Burns

Mar 27, 2021, 5:13:25 PM3/27/21
Big Al wrote:

> if you have a lot of time, they might be interesting.

I let a couple of them run in the background, he kept making the point
that mostly it's undocumented, and the times I've tried to look into
FF/TB source code I rapidly got lost, so it's great that some people
*are* willing to work on the code in those circumstances ...