FF 52 bookmark to the "cookies" dialog

R.Wieser

Aug 30, 2021, 12:22:41 PM8/30/21
Hello all,

Using FireFox v52 (last one for XP)

I would like to have a bookmark to the about:preferences#privacy -> cookies
dialog. Is that at all possible, and if so how ?

I've just tried to use "view page source" on the about:preferences#privacy
page, but the rightclick context menu seems to be blocked (meaning "inspect
element" isn't accessible either).

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

Jim S

Oct 24, 2021, 2:13:10 AM10/24/21
Yes.

The interface in Firefox 52 is written using XUL so you need a chrome URL.

If you just want the Cookies dialog, go to the following URL and save as
a bookmark:

chrome://browser/content/preferences/cookies.xul

If you want the entire Privacy screen, go here instead:

chrome://browser/content/preferences/in-content/preferences.xul#privacy

Many of the chrome URLs are version specific, or can't be used in this
manner, but I just tested these in Firefox 52.9.0 and Firefox 52.0.2 ESR
and they work.

Jim S

Oct 24, 2021, 2:20:09 AM10/24/21

Jim S

Oct 24, 2021, 2:23:47 AM10/24/21

R.Wieser

Oct 24, 2021, 2:47:05 AM10/24/21
Jim,

>> I would like to have a bookmark to the about:preferences#privacy ->
>> cookies dialog. Is that at all possible, and if so how ?
> If you just want the Cookies dialog, go to the following URL and save as a
> bookmark:
>
> chrome://browser/content/preferences/cookies.xul
>
> If you want the entire Privacy screen, go here instead:
>
> chrome://browser/content/preferences/in-content/preferences.xul#privacy

I didn't expect a solution anymore, but thank you. Thats exactly what I was
looking for.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

P.s.
I see three, as far as I can tell exact, copies of your message.

"Jim S" <71570...@compuserve.com> wrote in message

Jim S

Oct 24, 2021, 3:41:22 AM10/24/21
On 10/24/2021 1:46 AM, R.Wieser wrote:
> Jim,
>
> I didn't expect a solution anymore, but thank you. Thats exactly what I was
> looking for.
>
> Regards,
> Rudy Wieser
>
> P.s.
> I see three, as far as I can tell exact, copies of your message.

Yes, the three copies are the same. I haven't posted here in a long time
and had some trouble getting things to work the way I wanted.

Is there a general post somewhere that tells how to edit your profile,
delete posts, etc.?

R.Wieser

Oct 24, 2021, 4:37:04 AM10/24/21
Jim,

> Is there a general post somewhere that tells how to edit your profile,

Not possible, as its specific to the newsgroup reader program you're using.

> delete posts, etc.?

For mere users like you and me ? Also not possible.

Don't worry about it though, nobody considers it a problem. I just wanted to
make you aware of it, in case it was your newsgroup program that was acting
up.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser