Create new Unified Folders

Gregory Cook

May 20, 2011, 11:38:05 AM5/20/11
It would be very useful to me (and to others I'm sure) to be able to
create our own "unified folders" for use in the Unified Folders view.

At present, the Inbox, Drafts, Templates, Sent, Archives, Junk, and
Trash folders from various email accounts show up as unified folders
outside of individual accounts and these work great. I also have
"Pending" and "Follow Up" folders in two separate accounts (a work
email account and a personal email account). I'd like to be able to
see these as unified folders, outside of either account, when in the
Unified Folders view. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a
way to coax Thunderbird 3.1.10 to let me create new unified/smart/
virtual folders that will behave like the Inbox, etc.

I'm sure others have other personal preferences for folder names that
they would like to see as unified folders in this way, so I would love
to see a way to do this added to Thunderbird.

Thanks