Menu: Edit > Find in this message (ctrl-F) does not work as expected

Otto H

Apr 13, 2011, 4:16:30 AM4/13/11
I noticed an error in the menu command: This command (ctrl-F) opens
the quick filter and not what the menu command promises (find in the
current message). Find in the current message is needed, too!

Additionally I would like to comment on the search messages (ctrl-
shift-F), which is a) too complicated for the above purpose (find in
current message) and b) would benefit significantly from setting the
default value from "Subject contains" to "Body contains" (subject is
covered by the quick filter (ctrl-F))

Keep up the good work!
Best regards from Finland
Otto

Dudley Brooks

Apr 13, 2011, 11:19:39 AM4/13/11
On 4/13/11 1:16 AM, Otto H wrote:

> I noticed an error in the menu command: This command (ctrl-F) opens
> the quick filter and not what the menu command promises (find in the
> current message). Find in the current message is needed, too!

I discovered by accident that hitting ctrl-F *twice* (or, at least,
cmd-F on the Mac) opens Find In Current Message.

--
Dudley