Bye Bye thunderbird..

James K

Jun 11, 2011, 11:14:51 PM6/11/11
Right clicking e-mail address to add to address book is horrendous.
Does not work. You put it in my collected addresses book without
asking me where to put it - and you give it another name than what I
had input, making it impossible to find the contact. I'm done with
Thunderbird.

oppiman

Jun 27, 2011, 5:06:53 AM6/27/11
... James K @ 2011-06-12 05:14 >

> I'm done with
> Thunderbird.

Ok, so what would you suggest instead?

--
MJO

brian

Jul 1, 2011, 6:02:59 AM7/1/11
to feedback-t...@lists.mozilla.org

I'll have a go at answering that one.

Thunderbird is the best (Linux) mail client I have found.

As regards news, it's FAR behind Forte Agent, to the extent that I
still use Agent via WINE.

If and when Thunderbird ever implements :-

1) Downloading from multiple news servers simultaneously

2) News filtering which actually does what it implies (try setting a
filter to copy selected news articles to a separate folder if you
think it does already)

then it might start getting close to Agent.

I haven't had chance to play with 5.0 yet, but I'm not expecting to
see either of the above appear.

Brian.