message view behavior

Michael Lashkevich

Jul 23, 2011, 4:34:42 PM7/23/11
to feedback-t...@lists.mozilla.org
There is a very annoying feature of the mail view in tabs characteristic to every version of Thunderbird (starting from TB3, where tabs appeared). If you open several messages, and switch between them and/or folder tabs, you always find every message scrolled up to the beginning of the message (in contrast to Firefox and other web browsers, where you can leave a web page at any point, and find it at the same point after returning to the tab).

I often look through long messages (arXiv.org preprint abstracts mailing lists, in particular), and I have to look every message whole, to the very end. I could not break to look at another message, since in this case when returned I would need to scroll down a large part of the message to find the point I stopped to read at.